Chapter 6

Vote and comment please! And also, if you have any question or are confused about some parts just let me know :)

Also, shout out to @nakeytimeallthetime on IG for helping me get the book out. Links in her bio!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Are you sure you want to go by yourself?" My mother asks me.

I had pulled myself together after having a breakdown in Addison's car and finally came inside to start packing for my dorm. I felt better, but still wasn't wanting any company.

I nod at my mother, and she looked away disappointed. Oh well. I didn't want to hurt her feelings, but I was not in the mood to share the adventures of my first day of college with her.

The dean said I could wait until tomorrow to move into my dorm if I needed to, but I didn't want to be around Addison another second. And I especially didn't want my mother coming along questioning his bruises. I was ready to move in anyway, Charlotte could give me answers about Harry. Not that I was interested, I was just clueless to the situation, and since Addison wouldn't tell me anything I figured she could since they were somewhat friends.

I said goodbye to my mother, and promised her I would call. My dad was still at work, so I told him I would stop by this weekend to spend time with him. Addison was in his room so I decided to leave before he came down.

My Prius was packed from top to bottom with all of my things. I brought more than what was necessary, but I wanted to make the place feel homey as well, since I'd be living there the rest of the year. And because Charlotte's side of the room kind of scared me.

It was 7 by the time I pulled into the gates of the University. The sun began to set across the sky and darkness flooded the lots. My dorm wasn't too far into the School. I found a decent parking place right beside the doors. I stepped out and grabbed my first bag and headed upstairs.

The door was cracked open when I reached my dorm, so I didn't knock. I pushed through the door to find Charlotte laying on her bed, along with Niall and Zayn.

"Beth, your here!" Charlotte exclaimed. She gave me a big smile.

"Yeah, I decided to just go ahead and move in tonight," I told her as I walked over to place my bag on my bed.

"Need any help?" It was Niall who spoke now. I turned to him and lightly shook my head. I was still pissed at him after everything today, sort of, even though it wasn't his fault.

"No it's fine, I only have a few more bags," I lied.

He nodded disappointedly, and I instantly felt bad. But I decided to just go back downstairs and finish unpacking alone. I just wanted to be alone.

When I reached my car again, I grunted in frustration. I had underestimated how many bags I had actually brought, and knew I couldn't get them all up without making multiple trips. But I was to proud to go back in there and ask for help.

I grabbed as many bags as I could and ran for the door. I felt one of the bags begin to slip and I desperately lifted my knee to support it. Before I could reach the door, the bag slipped from my reach causing all of my bags along with myself to fall onto the concrete.

I cursed as I felt a sharp pain come from my knees. I flipped over and saw dark liquid begin to flow from a long cut across it. Great, I thought to myself. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and pressed it against the cut. The contact caused me to flinch.

"Need some help, love?"

I looked up to see a tall figure standing above me in the shadows. As soon as he came forward into the light, I felt like life had slapped me in the face.