Chapter 23

What just happened?

Charlotte and Harry were still standing in the doorway of the small kitchen, neither of them said a word. The only person in the room who looked comfortable was Niall. He was smiling, and I felt like slapping him right in the face.

"Hey guys," Niall said sarcasticlly. His eyes were directly on Harry, a mocking smirk masking his usual sweet smile. It disgusted me.

Charlotte was staring at me, waiting for me to speak. I wanted to explain that it all meant nothing, and that Niall had caught me by suprise, but I didn't know if that was entirely true.

Why couldn't people just stop kissing me.

"I'm going to kill you,"

We all turned to Harry.

His voice sounded different. It was even deeper than usual, and had a sort of edge to it.

For a moment I thought the threat was directed to me, but when I finally looked back up at Harry, his eyes were on the smug Niall beside me.

Just when I thought Harry was about to leap across the room onto Niall, he turned to me. He reached out and roughly grabbed my wrist in his hands, and urged me to follow him.

I didn't want to make Harry angry, so I followed. Part of me was suprised he actually cared that I'd kissed Niall, and it made me feel special. But at the same time it made me sick to my stomach to think about what he was promising to do to Niall.

He lead me all the way to the front door of the apartment. In one swift motion he pushed the door open and pulled me outside. He remained in the doorway as he gently pushed me to the top of the steps.

His face was twisted in disgust as he ran his eyes over me, it made me want to run away. The whole situation made me want to run away.

He sighed before placing one large hand on the doorknob.

"I'll deal with you later,"

And with that he slammed the door in my face, leaving me alone, confused, and slightly flustered on the front steps of Niall's apartment.

..............................................................................................................................

Niall's POV:

What's that saying, you killed a bird with two stones?

Well that's exactly what happened.

I honestly didn't expect Bethany to kiss me back, not that quickly anyway. I wanted to catch her off guard, so she wouldn't have time to think about it and she would just do what felt right. That's the only thing I didn't like about her, she thought too much.

Well that was my first stone.

Kissing her.

And it was amazing, I could tell how much she wanted to touch me, to kiss me even harder. But she resisted the slightest bit, as if something was in her way.

I felt like I could've helped her. Make her want me, but it's not that simple. He was always there, even if she claimed she didn't want him. He was there when she didn't even want him.

Which is why it felt so good to kiss her like that on front of him.

That was my second stone. Being able to kiss her, front of Harry.

It was awkward for her when he and Charlotte walked in, I could tell. The look she had on her face made me concerned. She wasn't about to rub it in Harry's face that she'd kissed me.