Chapter 22

"I still can't believe you hate Hamlet,"

Niall and I were in the same position as we were an hour ago. We both were on the floor, with books in our laps.

"It's true," He said.

"He was always just to angry for me,"

I fell back in laughter. Honestly I don't think my stomachs ever hurt so much from just laughing, until now at least.

Niall was a good study partner. He kept things interesting, and still managed to help you learn a thing or two.

"Alright I guess I see your point," I joked.

We laughed together until he slid his books off his lap to stand.

"I'm starved, want some breakfast?"

Now that I thought about it, I was hungry. I'd skipped out on breakfast this morning after seeing Addison.

"Sure," I nodded. He grinned politely before walking into the kitchen.

I followed him, only to find him digging in the tiny cub boards for food.

"I have toast?" He suggest nervously, a witty look on his face.

"Toast sounds great right now, actually," I said before propping myself up to sit on his countertop, and dangling my feet.

I watched him as he made our breakfast. He was very fit, I could tell from the way his muscles moved together when he bent his arm. I noticed veins too, and little blonde hairs that fell across his skin along with the tattoos. He had nice arms.

Nothing like Harry's though.

Harry's were slightly bigger than Niall's, but not quite as lean. His muscles were shaped differently, and moved more. They were darker too, the little hairs were numerous and black, making him look even darker.
Harry had nice arms too.

Why was I comparing Niall to Harry? I didn't feel anything for Niall other than friendship. Didn't I?

"So, you never told me what happened, you know, after I left yesterday..." Niall casually said.

I knew the conversation would come up, but I didn't to talk about my encounter with Harry with him. Neither did I want to lie to him, since he was one of many few friends.

"Well nothing really happened, I spoke my peace and made sure he understood where his place was. He listened, then left..."

My voice cracked, like it always did when I lied. I wasn't lying completely, so it was partially believable outcome. And so far, Niall had no reason not to believe me.

"He just left?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

He looked at be uncertainly, then went back to the toaster.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"Nothing," He looked up at me to make sure he was allowed to speak.

"It's just, Harry isn't the type of guy to actually listen to someone else, then leave with that person thinking they won,"

He shrugged as if it was something I should obviously know about Harry.

"Won?" He must be kidding.

"Even you should to know by now that Harry's whole life revolves around his manipulative games,"

Wasn't that the truth.

"I'm too old for his games," I said confidently.

I didn't want Niall to know how many times I'd been involved in Harry's little 'games'. Specifically how many times I'd lost.

"Yet you allow him to pull you into them?"

His response catches me off guard, and I find myself staring at him, with him staring back. The look on his smug face lets me know he knew more than I did.

"I don't allow him to do anything, I am my own person and he is his. I mean, I barely even know him," I replied through my teeth. I didn't want to get angry at Niall, but I hated the way he was categorizing me.

He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know, I know. I guess I get just a little jealous whenever he is around you,"

His cheeks turned that perfect crimson tint as the words leave his mouth.

I blush myself. The atmosphere is awkward, but a sweet awkward. He was only trying to compliment me, but part of me wished he'd had kept talking about toast.

He shifted back and forth on his feet as I looked around the room.

"Charlotte sure is taking a long time," Niall said breaking the silence, and I was glad for a subject changer.

"Yeah, maybe I should go after I eat if she's still not back," I didn't want to leave, but I didn't want to give Niall false hopes by me staying.

"No!" Niall said just as the toaster beeped. He looked at the toaster then back at me, his cheeks flushing.

"I mean, you still need to study, and you study better when you interact with people right?"

He walked over to the toaster and pulled out the sizzling toast with his hand. I sent a silent prayer hoping he'd washed them lately.

"Right, but I have some errands to run anyway, and I have to bring over some clothes to the dorm...." Lie.

I slide off the counter just as Niall hands me my plate of slightly burnt toast.

He looked disappointed.

"Well, at least finish your breakfast," He said more punctual than I think he meant.

I smiled shyly, and nodded, causing him to smile back.

"Jelly?" I teased.

He winked before turning a hand towards the refrigerator.

"Third row, on the right,"

I walked over and pulled out the expired looking jelly.

I tried to read the date on the label, but felt the bottle fall out of my hands. God I must be the clumsiest person ever to hold jelly.

Just as I turned to put my plate down to pick it up, Niall had came up from behind me.

"Damn.." He muttered.

I sat up straight and faced him. His eyes were on my ass, even now as I was on my feet.

"Niall!" I didn't know what else to say or do, I'd never caught a boy checking out my butt before.

"Sorry love, won't happen again,"

He giggled to himself and I found myself giggling with him. The whole situation seemed entirely inappropriate, but comfortable at the same time.

He was turning to head back into the living room before he stopped himself. He turned slowly to look back at me, his face seemed deep in thought.

"No, you know what?" He asked.

He took three long strides before he was next to me, grabbing the jelly from my hands and placing it on the counter then grabbing my waist and pushing me against the thin wall.

I didn't try to stop him, I allowed him to handle me this way.

His eyes were so sweet and playful, and I felt my knees disintegrate beneath me.

He grabbed my chin in his soft hand.

"It will happen again,"

I saw his eyelids close and felt his mouth melt onto mine. It was a soft kiss, our lips barely moving against each other. His breathe tasted like liquor and mint, which slightly appeased me. I felt his first hand tighten around my waist as the other was tangled gently into my hair. My body stiffened and I felt his wet tongue pry through my still lips as the front door opened and the sound of two familiar voices filled the apartment.

He didn't stop, so neither did I.

"What the hell?" It was Charlotte.

I pulled away from Niall's grip and heard the suction of our lips parting echo through the room. I blinked rapidly.

Charlotte's look isn't what made my stomach turn inside out.

It was Harry's standing next to her.

Vote & comment!

Also follow my Instagrams to get more info about the story :)

Personal: taylerbeth Fan Account: lovablelou

:))