Chapter 26

I felt like getting in my car and chasing after Michael as I watched him turn off our street.

He could have explained it all a little bit more clearly instead of making it all dramatic by leaving without giving one hell of an idea if how he and Addison knew each other.

How could he possibly even know my brother? He obviously wasn't from around here, and it's not like Addison's ever been anywhere outside of New York.

Why would Addison tell him I knew Harry anyway? He already didn't like the fact we were friends...

We're we even that? Friends required you to trust and care for the other person, and I did not trust Harry.

I don't think he really trusted me either though.

I'd never been more confused in my entire life. And it wasn't even one thing to be confused about, it was about 12.

Million.

I walked back inside and took the stairs up to my bedroom. I didn't want to explain the situation to my mother right then anyway, that would require me to trust her too. Which I don't.

When I made it into my room I fell face first into my bed.

It felt so hard and cold, even though I'd just slept on it the night before. This house even felt unwelcoming.

Everything was going wrong. College was supposed to be the greatest experience of my life. My plan was to meet some friends, study, and get a job. So far I'd met some friends, but they were the wrong kind. I needed good influences that talked me out of going to parties when I should be studying, not begging me to come with them and asking me to cover for them in class because they were so hungover the next day. I needed people who wanted the same things I did. I don't think Charlotte, or even Niall knew what they wanted to do yet. How could you do that? Just go to college and hope for the best? That was insane!

I always thought that the only way to get what you wanted was to have it all planned out before, that way nothing could possibly take it away from you. Am I the only one who thought that?

I sighed and turned over on my back to stare at the celling.

Then I felt the familiar sharp pain in the pit of my stomach. No.

I sat up and waited for the second hit. Almost immediately it came, as if it was mocking me. As if I didn't have enough problems to worry about!

I groaned before standing and walking to the bathroom. I dropped my pants to the floor and sighed.

I quickly jumped in the shower to clean myself up. It's funny how after all these years of experiencing a period the blood still freaked me out. You'd think I'd be used to it, but I feel myself wanting to throw up every time that lucky day comes.

I wanted to something to take my mind off of things, but not this. I'd pass my period up any day.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my chest, just as I walk over to my drawers to pull out my tampon. Pads never got along with me, I mean who wants to be stuck in a diaper all day?