Chapter 17

"What did he say?" Niall asked for the third time after Harry had hung up on me. I was still staring at the screen trying to gain the courage to call him back and tell him that if he came to my house I would call the cops.

Niall and I were now in the car, almost to my house. I turned to see him staring at me wordlessly.

"Just that he's coming by," I said blankly.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" He asked.

"No, I know it's not," I implied. "But he's going to come no matter what I say,"

I shrugged.

Niall turned back to the steering wheel and sighed.

"Maybe you should just come to my place," He suggested.

What?

"No, I'm going to have to talk to him sooner or later, but thank you Niall," I give him one of my famous fake smiles and look out the window.

He doesn't say anything until we pull into my driveway.

"I could stay," He blurts as I step out of the car. I bend down to see his bright blue eyes staring at me.

"I don't think that's a good idea," I said.

He nodded disapointed, but quickly recovered.

"Well do you promise to call if you need anything?" He looks desperate.

I wasn't used to having someone look out for me like he is.

I nod a little to quickly. "Yes, of course,"

I wave goodbye as he pulls out of the driveway. Part of me felt like he wanted me to ask him to stay, but I knew I couldn't really talk to Harry if he was there, and I didn't want them to start a fight on my terms agian.

I owed him that at least that.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

{ Niall's POV }

I watched her until she disappeared behind the door of her house.

Well I say watched, but I only had one damn eye I could keep open.

Fucking Harry and his stupid rules, I didn't sign up for any of this. I don't know why, but he'd been acting all kinda of strange lately. It wasn't my fault we just happen to like the same girl. It's not like he owned her, and she sure as hell didn't want anything to do with him so he's wasting his fucking time. He could have any girl he'd wanted, even more than one at a time, but no, he claims this one. The one girl who I had actually fancied who wasn't tattoo'd from head to toe and smoked pot all hours of the day.

When I'd first met her, I thought she was your typical rich girl who thought she was God's gift to the world. She walked with her head in the air and her ass out, but when she looked at you, really looked at you, you could see her. The real her. I've only known her two weeks, but I fancied her. I knew I did. She wasn't boring like I'd thought she'd be, she was actually funny and stubborn, which made her adorable. I was pretty sure she was 18, but she didn't act it. She was mature, and there's nothing hotter than a sophisticated girl.

Plus, she was American. Bonus.

She was naive. I could tell that just by looking at her. She's never had sex, she'd admitted that at the party the other day, but I wasn't surprised. She was probably saving it for that 'special' someone. But I didn't care, you don't hang around with our crowd a virgin for long.

It took everything I had in me not to turn around and go back after her. Not just because I wanted to see her, but Harry was on his way, and I knew exactly what his intentions were.