Part 6

Just told all my deviantart friends to check this out, because I thought it would be eaier for them and I'm a nice person. Obviously. (No, not really, but you don't have to know that ;) ) Anyways, feel free to comment and stuff.

            Once we were outside James looked over at me and said, “That was fun. What’s next?”

            “Home.” I said as I started down the road.

            “What’s wrong?” Ryan asked, genuinely concerned.

            “She’s the girl that I would date. If she was gay. But she’s not. And she’s like, my dream girl. She’s my dream girl and I don’t even know her. Ugh! I am so stupid.” I ran a hand through my short, boyish, black hair. I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I walked.

            Ryan jogged to catch up and said, “Come on! Maybe you can turn her gay? It’s happened before I’m sure! Or maybe she’s in denial? Maybe she’s a secret gay? You should go back and just kiss her. She’s for gay rights, she was acting all ‘friendly’ at the table. Come on, what do you have to lose?”

            “A potential friend, respect as a human being to her and all her friends, respect for the gay community for trying to turn and straight chick gay, and self-esteem in myself when I get shot down. It’s not happening Ryan. I don’t even know her name and you’re telling me to go and kiss her or work on turning her gay? No. I’m not seeking her out. If we see each other, we see each other. That’s what happens. I will not do anything to try and turn her gay or anything. Because I’m not that type of person. And come on Ryan, there aren’t a lot of gays who strive to turn straights gay. You know that. There are a few, but I’m not one of them.” I kicked a rock on the sidewalk and looked at the ex-downtown ahead of me. Even now it amazes me. Seven years and I’m still in awe of this place.

            “I know, but maybe you could make an exception for her? She’s so awesome! Please?”

            “No.” I said firmly.

            “Calm down Ryan, we’ll find Sam a new girl. Someone who’s in theGayForest. Let’s plan.”

            “What about Kara?” Ryan said enthusiastically.

            “Kara?” I asked without turning around.

            “Yeah! She’s new to The Forest and could use some help adjusting and stuff!”

            “I’m sure a relationship is one of the last things on her mind if she wants to adjust to The Forest.”

            “So be her friend first. It’ll be fun! She could use a lesbian friend who’s hot and nice and is on the council. She will get to see everything and learn the people and stuff! You know you wanna!” Ryan said, playfully poking the back of my neck.

            I rolled my eyes and said, “Sure. Set me up or whatever you do. Do not tell her this is a date because it’s not. This is one stranger getting to know and help another stranger as a friend.”

            “And they’re both gay and one is a dyke and afraid of commitment.” Ryan said in a joking manner as he grinned widely.

            “I am. But, dyke sex is the best. And I’ll wear something more…normalish or whatever.”

            “Good. We don’t want you’re clothing choices scaring away your perhaps future wife do we?”

            “Sure.” I said as I leisurely walked onto the colorful road.