Luck and Lunar events p2

LILY POV

I finally caught up with James before he could continue his paths towards the old oak tree where he and his friends would no doubt be planning more trouble.

"James! That project Slughorn set us, let's do it tonight. 8 o'clock outside the library maybe?" I asked, out of breath having to chase the bloody boy down the corridor.

He shifted nervously on the balls of his feet, staring intently at the floor.

"Sorry can't." he said bluntly, then turned around and walked as fast as he could in the other direction.

Well that was shocking. James Potter just turned me down. Me. The girl he has been harassing for literally 7 years, he just says no to a chance to spend time with me. How rude.

I walk back to the common room in a daze, feeling the initial shock wear off and have anger overflowing up inside me. I bet that player just got bored of me and had another date tonight. Not that what we had was a date – just homework. But I don't think I would have minded if it was a 'date'.... I don't know! I guess I may just like James Potter. The idiot.

I was ever so busy trying to not bump into James and his friends. And by that I mean literally looking everywhere trying to find them. Unfortunately, I had no luck so sulked up to my bed, wrapped three blankets around myself and grabbed my new book – my current favourite 'I don't want to talk to anyone' position. I was just getting into the pages of my novel when I heard loud laughter from outside the window, in the castles' grounds. Wanting to make sure Gryffindor wouldn't get any house points taken from them I stood on my bed trying to get a glimpse of the troublemakers' ties in the ever dwindling light. I found out they were Gryffindors all right – three of the marauders. I knew Remus would prefer if I tried to keep his friends out of trouble, and seeing as he was nowhere to be seen I should probably step in and remind them curfew was AN HOUR AGO! They should transfigure Petigrew into a watch to try and stay on time – honestly.

Sighing I stumbled out of my blanket cocoon and found my robes and pulled them on over my penguin pyjamas, it's not like they will get a good look at them – hopefully. I carefully snuck down into the common room and cree out of the portrait hole, yeah I was doing a good deed but if McGonagall caught me, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. Finally, I got to the courtyard and looked around to find the boisterous trio, I saw them in the distance. Heading into the forbidden forest. Emphasis on FORBIDDEN. At this point I'm almost certain those three are insane, an hour after curfew and heading into the forbidden forest. If they were caught I don't want to even think about how many points would be taken from Gryffindor, but enough to completely wipe away all of our hard work from the whole year, and let Slytherin win. As a slightly over enthusiastic Prefect I couldn't let that happen. So I followed their surprisingly loud voices as they were carried on the wind across Hogwarts' grounds.

I reached the edge of the dark forest and confidently spoke "lumos". Sadly, my confidence was not projected onto my wand who decided now was the perfect time not to cooperate. "Lumos maxima!" I shouted and a beam of light shot upwards so bright it made my eyes water. Great, if the monsters didn't know I was here that sure as hell helped them out a bit.

"Sirius! Peter! James! Where are you, it's past curfew and I'm not going to let you ruin Gryffindor winning the house cup for everyone else!" I shouted as I plodded through the thick foliage of the forbidden area.

"Hello?" Suddenly it became apparent just how far I had wondered into the forest and how lost I was. As I realised what a hopeless situation I was in, the shadows became darker and the howling of the wind morphed into growls. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up as I felt a presence behind me. I felt a harsh warm breath on my back, the shadow of an animal was reflected in front of me in the light of the full moon.

I slowly turned around and met the glowing eyes of a werewolf.

Looking back, I would have loved to tell you that while looking at this extraordinary creature my brain flooded with facts such as how strangely human it's eyes looked or just how short the snout is but I must confess, my only thought was – OH SHIT.

I back up against a tree trunk, trying desperately to slow my breathing and rack my brains for something that could drive this werewolf away.

I heard a clomping in the distance and prayed to God that it wasn't yet another thing coming to kill me. In my peripheral vision I could see a large animal come galloping towards us with majestic horns on its head. A stag, I think.

It came and placed itself in-between me and the dangerous creature and started to move its head, gesturing away from me, almost as if it was communicating – honestly in the wizarding world nothing else could surprise me. Reluctantly the creature backed off and followed a loud bark to the other side of the wood. The Stag turned towards me and pointed his head towards his back, indicating for me to get on. My mind practically still paralyzed from shock obliged as I swung myself onto the soft fur of the magnificent beast in front of me.

Only later will I wonder how I actually did that without falling off.

I shut my eyes as I rode out of the forbidden forest not wanting to witness any of those horror again. I slid of the Stag's back and onto the dew filled grass, and squinted through the darkness to see where the stag had gone. Surprisingly I only saw James Potter's brown eyes staring back at me. In that moment a lot of things started to make sense.

"Lily!? Are you okay?" he asked panicked and started turning me round checking for scratches.

"I'm fine thanks. FANCY TELLING ME WHY THE HELL YOU JUST TURNING INTO A BLOODY STAG!?" I start shouting.

"Well I'm assuming you, a top of the class student, have already guessed that I'm an amniagus." He said with a smirk.

"Well, yes!" I admit.

"Wait a minute, are those penguin pyjamas?" he said bursting out laughing.

"Let's not change the subject!" I said pulling my robes tighter around me, a smile on my face.

Hey friends!

i'm back! I feel like this story is kinda wrapped up now, but if y'all want i could do an epilogue? comment if you feel like it would fit. Please vote on this chapter, and previous if you haven't bc i'm so close to 200 votes! 

vote/comment/share

Lotta love, HufflepuffHagrid