Repercussions and Rita Skeeter

SIRIUS POV

I jolted as I went to tip the bottle of swirling pink potion over James' morning coffee, regret swirling in my stomach, but against my better judgment I tipped the dangerous potion into the steaming cup.

It felt bad but it had to be done, I didn't want to see Prongs hurt by Lily not loving him as much as he loves her.

JAMES POV

I needed coffee. Now.

It may sound silly coming from a pureblood, growing up on butter beer, but I had become addicted the delicious stuff after a trip to a muggle café -I now had my very own coffee machine, who I called Clark, which I had enchanted to have a steaming mug of coffee waiting for me once I had woken up, and every lunch .The perfect blend of muggle stuff and magic.

As soon as the liquid touched my lips I tasted something was off. It must be one of the flavours I had gotten for my birthday, I keep forgetting which kind I put in or maybe just some out of date milk.
Instantly I felt an obsession come over me as I had an amazing urge to tell Rita Skeeter I loved her.

I loved her. I loved the way her hair was kept in place with so much hairspray, and how her hair was bleached blonde. I really loved her glasses, and wicked toothy smile. I had to find her. I have to ask her out.

And with that in mind I made my way down to breakfast hoping to catch a glimpse of the glowing beacon that was her blonde head from the Slytherin table.

SIRIUS POV

I think I may have put a tad too much potion in Prong's coffee. Who am I kidding- I fucked up big time. I may have put double the 'recommended amount' and may have just let an over-dosed James Potter out of my sight. 
I need to find him and give him the antidote, all before anything major happens, I just hope he hasn't found Rita yet or it will all get out of hand.

LILY POV

I feel bad to admit this but as I saw the messy haired boy saunter into the hall my spirits soared, but quickly dropped when I saw him rush over to the emerald green clad Slytherin table. My, along with the every other Gryffindor's, jaws dropped as we saw James Potter, adamant Slytherin hater, go and wrap his arms around a very shocked Rita Skeeter.

My shock evolved into anger as I saw him mutter something into her ear, his eyes glazed over, then her face light up as she smiled her twisted smile and nodded her head enthusiastically. I quickly got up and made my way to my first lesson, history of magic with fresh hatred in my heart.

Whilst writing out my notes in class I saw James in front of me drawing a heart with the initials J+R on his parchment, I felt jealously surge through me put quickly put my emotions in check – it's not up to me who he dated, why would I care? I mean sure it would be better if he had gone out with anyone rather than a Slytherin, maybe a Hufflepuff or a Gryffindor, maybe even a certain red headed Gryffindor...

WAIT WHAT?! BRAIN STOP THINKING THOSE POSTITVLY DISGUSTING THOUGHTS THIS INSTANT. YOU DO NOT WANT TO GO OUT WIITH THE SELFISH BASTARD THAT IS JAMES POTTER! Even though his hair looks so soft and his hazel eyes look so warm and comforting...

I SAID NO MORE THINKING ABOUT THAT IDIOT! I admit I thought maybe our friendship was getting somewhere but apparently not, that's fine by me. Totally.

Oh well, at least I'm going to Hogsmede tonight with Marcus, it should be fun – It might even make James a bit jelous, not that I like him or anything, just to show I have other friends. I might just make an effort with my outfit tonight, add a bit of make up or something, nothing too dramatic, I'll ask Mary to help.

SIRIUS POV

I had to stop this now. I hadn't talked to my best mate properly all day, whenever I tried to get his attention all I got was a commentary on Rita bloody Skeeter's life story! He was following her round like an obedient puppy and she was lapping up the attention – it made me sick. I take back any bad thing I have ever said about Lily, she is so much better than the parasite that is Miss Skeeter. I put the antidote into James coffee at tea but I couldn't get him to drink or eat anything, all he did was just stare into the beetle shape glasses of his girlfriend from across the hall.

"James you haven't drunk your coffee yet mate."

"I can't, not when there are beautiful people in the room to stare at."

"Talking about Lily again are we?"

"Who's Lily?" James replied genuine confusion on his face – this is when I knew I really had to make him drink the antidote, he hadn't shut up about Lily for over 4 years and he had just forgotten who she is in an instant!

"Oh shit. Mate drink this quick! Please!" I said, becoming desperate.

"Calm down! Alright if you insist." He said picking up his cup , a giddy smile plastered on his beaming face.

Time seemed to stop as the brown liquid touched his lips, flowing down his throat. He shook his head, his mischievous glint returning to his eyes. His face then morphed into a look of confusion.

"Did I just ask out Rita Skeeter?"

"Yep.

"A Slytherin?!"

"Yep"

"What on earth was I thinking?"

"Well you see, about that-I may have put a love potion in your coffee and made you go crazy about that Slytherin Skeeter and now a certain Gryffindor who goes by the name of Lily Evans is a little bit mad at you for ignoring her the whole day."

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

"I put a love potion in..."

"I know what you did. It's just. Ergh I need to find Lily and apologise! I'll kill you later.I promise. " He said giving me a death glare – it was great to have my mate back.

JAMES POV

I cant believe Sirius would do that – he better have a good explanation when I get to our dormitory.

I reckon Lily and her friends would be getting ready to go to Hogsmede just about now I think I'll go to the common room to check first.

Just as I climbed in through the portrait hole I saw lily standing at the top of the stairs laughing along with her friends. She looked;
just wow.
She was wearing a lovely patterned top with a green skirt that complimented her eyes beautifully (OUTFIT AT TOP) and her long red hair was in loose waves. She was perfection. Too bad Marcus is taking her to Hogsmede not me. Her eyes darken as they meet mine, a scowl coming to her gorgeous face.

"Stopped crawling round after Rita long enough to actually acknowledge your friends for a change?" The words friends struck me like a knife, we weren't even friends anymore let alone girlfriend/boyfriend, what happned?

"If you would hear me out... I can explain. Sorta " I stuttered.

"I don't want to hear anything from you Potter. I need to meet Marcus." And with that she left the common room. With the small progress we had made in the past few weeks concerning our friendship coming crashing and burning to the ground like mine and Sirius' latest concoction in Potions.

hi friends!

hope you are all okay - i may not have time to update this week so here is a big chapter for y'all!

please vote, comment and share with your friends,

HufflepuffHagrid

x