Cauldron cakes and Cycles

LILYS POV

I really just wanted to stay in bed all day, snuggle up with a good book and drink tea. But unfortunately I had to leave the comfort of my warm sheets and head to Arithmancy, what made matters worse was the fact it was that 'time of the month' again. It's funny how just over a month ago I hated James Potter with a passion, whereas now we are able to stay in a room together without attempted murder. Which is good. I guess.

I started walking down to breakfast hoping to nab some warm and delicious waffles before a few hours of torture but bumped into James on my way out of the portrait hole.

JAMES POV

I had checked and triple checked with moony about five times today if he was sure today was Lily's 'time of the month' but he had reassured me by saying,

"I know all about the moon and cycles, shit like that – remember me? A werewolf, it's kinda why you call me moony mate." But just in case I made him check out a book in the library as well. Just to be sure.- I think I'm now scarred for life.

Then came the stress of figuring out what to do to make her feel better, after a group meeting and some unhelpful suggestions like 'stay out her way' from Sirius, we had decided on some butterbeer and some caldron cakes, courtesy of Honeydukes, and the fact we know a secret passage, thanks to the map- but that's another story. We had tried our hardest, as four teenage boys, to make it look pretty, wrapping it in pink wrapping paper with a bow. Now all I had to do was find Lily.

Luckily I didn't have to look far as when I was walking into the Portrait hole she was coming out.

"Oh um hi Evans... I mean Lily. Fancy seeing you here, I just hoped you are okay and got you this." I said thrusting the gift into her arms before running back up to the safety of my dorm, my checks blazing.

"That was a bloody quick conversation mate!" exclaimed Sirius as I shut the door behind me, slightly out of breath.

"Didn't say much did I? Just stammered out a here you go and ran. Stupid stupid stupid." I say while bashing my head against my bed frame.

"Don't do that Prongs, you'll damage the few brain cells you have ." Said Moony with a smirk, "anyway you can't have messed up too bad – I'm sure Lily would have slapped you right across the face."

I sighed and started gathering up my books, trying to find a quill in all the mess which was the marauders dorm.

"Who took my quill? It was just here? I swear none of us ever have a quill! I borrowed that off Frank!" I said desperately, knowing full well the bell would go in 5 minutes.

"You see that sticking out you back pocket Jamsie. That's a wand. And you see this room. It's a part of a school. A school where we learn MAGIC and SPELLS. Spells that can do all sorts, and even summon things for you. I know it's a shock but please try and calm yourself." Said Sirius sarcastically.

"Oh shut up." I said muttering a summoning spell and grabbing my quill.

"I thought it was Evans on her period not James." I heard as I walked out the door.

LILYS POV

I think I may need to sit down. James potter. James bloody potter got me chocolate. Chocolate and Butterbeer. He did something nice. And not for himself. I am in shock. Complete shock.

I wandered to breakfast in a daze trying to comprehend what had just happened.

"Alright Lils? Watcha got there?" asked Marlene, her mouth full of rice krispies.