Astronomy and Anguish

Again like the last chappy I may have some new tech in the story but just go with the flow okay? X

Love ya all

HufflepuffHagrid

LILY'S POV

I am just a little bit angry. Just a little bit. Okay, understatement of the century. That complete git! And I have to admit I am surprised at him, okay - ask me a week ago and I would have totally expected this selfish disregard for other's feelings from James Potter but I though he had come to care for me just a little bit over our mutual contact this past week. I guess I was wrong. I sighed and tried to distract myself by looking over my notes from transfiguration as Mrs Mcgonagall had hinted about a test and listen to my music. Being a muggleborn I had received a Ipod for Christmas and loved to play my music on it, it really is quiet funny catching my friends prodding it and asking it to reveal 'it's secrets'. Usually music really cheers me up but apparently today wasn't my day as ,as soon as it started playing ,sad song after sad song came on, I didn't even know I owned any Adele! I turned it off having given up with the distractions and only had to wait a moment for my friends to come barging into our room.

"ohh hi Lils, wasn't expecting to see you for a while." Said a suggestive Marlene wiggling her eyebrows. Mary upon seeing my crumpled expression and the tears in my eyes, came over and engulfed me in a hug whispering calming words.

"What happened Lily because I swear if I've got some bloody boys to beat up I really would prefer to do it before curfew." Says a fuming Marlene.

"No its just Sirius came in, I think he was drunk, and made out like all the nice things James had done was just to win a dare, and to think I thought he was just being generally nice." I said sniffling.

"I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding." Said Mary soothingly

"Do you know if Sirius is okay?" Emmy asked quietly, I raised my eyebrows at her and she blushed lightly, I would have to warn her about him later but I was interrupted by Marlene rising from my bed pulling on her robes shouting how she was going to 'rip Potter's overly-large head from his puny shoulders for playing her best friend'

"Not now Mar, you'll just get into trouble, I don't want to use violence to show I'm annoyed."

"You could always like physiologically mess with him or something, like ignoring him or something?" said Mary.

"Can't I rip off his head just a little bit?" asked a pouty Marlene.

"NO!!" the rest of us shouted.

"okay, okay, just asking."

The four of us walked into the great hall together the next day, heads held high as we walked over to where the Marauders where sitting.

"Good morning Remus, Peter."

"Morning Lily" they replied nervously.

"Um Remus I was wondering if after prefects duty you would mind helping me with astronomy? It's just I get all of Saturn's moons confused and you're really good at it?"

"Of course Lily!" Said Remus cheerfully, out of the corner of my eye I saw James look longingly at our conversation.

Just to annoy James even more I placed a light kiss on his cheek, before running off with my three giggling friends.

JAMES POV

SHE KISSED REMUS.REMUS.MY BEST MATE REMUS. SHE KISSED HIM! I actually had to leave the hall before I accidently cursed anyone. I was fine with the whole ignoring thing (total lie) but honestly wiping it in my face by kissing my best mate was really crossing an invisible line. But I know I can wait this out, I'll just hang out with some other girls, spend more time with my mates, including Remus because it's not really his fault honestly. That's what I'll do. Have a few weeks without that quirky red head.

LILYS POV

It had been a good idea at the time but really even by the last lesson of the day I was already missing mine and James glances from across the classroom, I was even missing his constant flirting- I felt as though it made me kind of... special. Who am I kidding it is James Potter saying those things, how would that make me feel special when the word are coming from that arrogant toe-rag's mouth.

I was fuming by the time I stomped through prefect duty with Remus, and I could tell he had picked up on my awful mood.

" aww, come on cheer up Lily, I've already had to deal with one angry friend today don't make it two."

" fine - I won't, but just out of curiosity who was this other friend?"

"I'll tell you when we get to the library, Prefect duty will finish in a minute. "

We had soon reached the library and settled at a large table in the corner, books began quickly surrounding us. I got out my parchment and ink and had just finished writing the title of our astronomy study when Remus cleared his throat.

"um Lily, so the kiss this morning, it meant nothing right?"

" yeah! I only did it to really annoy James, I guess you heard what happened."

" I did and I want to tell you that honestly no bet was made and Sirius was just really drunk, it happens occasionally with him. Anyway James is the friend I was talking about. Can you please just talk to him, he has been a wreck since this morning, not speaking much, even concentrating in class.

" I would, but it is sometimes really annoying him asking me to go out with him every hour." I lie.

" Lily, I just want you to know that James really really likes you, has done for a while. The only reason he keeps on constantly asking you out is because that's how he gets everyone else, usually after he asks them once they are together, but because you keep saying no so he keeps trying. I'm sure if you civilly ask him to stop he will. Go talk to him, I'll complete your star chart don't worry, I've already done mine"

"Thank you so much! Got any idea where I will find him?"

" Go to the One eyed witch and say Dissendium." Said a weary but smiling Remus Lupin.

HI YOU GUYS!

so I got over 70 reads and am now hyperventilating. thank you so much guys - sorry for the late update, if this gets over 3 votes i will try and update by wednesday so yay.

thanks again for reading.

HufflepuffHagrid