Dresses and Dates

I ran through the wall, adrenalin pumping through me, a smile on my face – I was going home. Seeing as petunia HAD to go and get a dress for her high school prom and insisted on mum giving her a lift, I had come with Lucas' family to Kings Cross, it was quite a peculiar experience to say the least, Wanda had insisted on taking me shopping to find her some new suitable muggle clothing the previous day ,but had fallen in love with a sparkly deep purple evening dress she had found in Oxfam, this paired with a men's blazer resulted in her earning a good amount of strange looks, but I found myself oblivious to the judgemental stares as I knew, from the short time of knowing her, that Wanda was one of the funniest and kind hearted people I had the pleasure of meeting. Suddenly I was greeted by the familiar sight of platform 9 ¾ and felt a twinge of sadness as I knew I only had a few more times left before I would not return to Platform 9 ¾ again. I saw my friends' wave at me, notice Lucas beside me, and then start coming over towards us.

"Fair warning Luke, my friends are mental, prepare yourself." I said seriously.

He chuckled nervously as they all eyed him up and down, surveying my new friend.

"So you're Lucas?" said Mary.

"Nice to meet you" said Emmy politely.

"What team are you supporting this year in the cup?" asked Marlene.

"I am Lucas, nice to meet you too, and the Cannons of course." He replied just as quickly as they had fired the questions at him from all directions.

Slowly I felt them all relax and I knew they all approved of my new friend.

"Well I woulda said Harpies myself, but I can see where you're coming from with the cannons so I have decided to tolerate you." Answered Mar.

"Okay okay, enough interrogation for now, go grab our compartment, I'll be along a minute."

They hoped on the train with a chorus of see you soons as I wandered over to Lucas' mum.

"Thank you so much for having me stay so much this holiday, and thank you for dropping me off this morning it was a great help."

"Nonsense Lily, it was nothing ,now promise me to make sure Lucas doesn't get himself killed this year dear." She said pulling me into a warm hug.

"I'll try." I said with a laugh.

"Hurry up you guys you're gonna miss the train shoo!" she said with a smile, but I could see the tears in her eyes as she said farewell to her son.

Then we jumped onto the train just as the whistle sounded and we set off for Hogwarts.

"I'm going to go try find my friends, I haven't seen them all holiday, I'll catch up with you later okay?" Lucas said, making his way to the middle of the train while I headed to the front, to find my own friends.

"So Lucas? Finally getting over Potter then Lils?" said Mary throwing me a suspicious glance.

I laughed and settled down to tell them about my summer and new friend, listening to the sound of the Hogwarts Express chugging through the country side.

REMUS POV

James looked awful – I know that's rich coming from someone who transforms into a raging beast once a month – but he was hardly speaking and had bags under his usually bright eyes.

"Prongsie cheer up, she can't hate you that bad." Said Sirius attempting to ruffle his best friend's hair.

"She can" he answered, moving away from his hand, "and little Lukey is probably there comforting her or something."