Letters and Lucas

LILYS POV

I swear the amount of time Petunia spent talking about how much money 'darling Vernon' had, you would think she would rather spend her holidays round at his extravagant mansion – but no, she always invited him round to our house just because she damn well knew how much her got on my last nerve just by existing . That was how on the second day of Christmas holidays I was left sitting on an old swing in the disused play park , wrapped in many many layers due to the fact it was fucking freezing, avoiding my home because once again the whale of a man Vernon Dursley was there.

I was just sat there, thinking about how awful that pig Vernon was when some ungrateful human sat down next to, couldn't they see I was trying to wallow and be depressed? I recognised him as the boy I saw yesterday – my new neighbour, I knew he was from Hogwarts yet I couldn't place his name.

"Hello, its Lily isn't it?" he said cheerfully.

Totally not creepy knowing my name. Totally.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry but what's your name? I know you from Hogwarts but I'm just so forgetful, it's slipped my mind."

"Lucas, member of Ravenclaw house." He said laughing slightly.

"Lily, member of Gryffindor." I said smiling.

"So are all your family Wizards or mixed?" he asked innocently – not knowing just how much danger my parentage put me in.

"I 'm actually muggleborn , bit of a shock for my parents when they found out I was a witch back in first year though – but mum loves it now, she got a book from Diagon Alley on household spells and is convinced there is a cleaning class at Hogwarts I'm not telling her about because I don't want to take it." I said with a laugh.

"That's really cool! I would love to meet them! My whole family are wizards but ironically I love muggles, I'm really interested in muggle studies."

"I've not met many wizarding families before, apart from my friends' so likewise!"

"You could come over now if you want? Its bloody freezing and mum is desperate to meet the new neighbours?" he said nervously.

"Of course! That would be great, but my mum and dad are at work at the moment and my sister is... busy." I shuddered to think at Petunias reaction when she found out she was expected to go to a whole house full of 'abnormal' wizards.

"You could come by yourself then? I mean if you would like." I inwardly smiled at just how polite Lucas was being, thinking about how James would have acted in this situation – probably would have asked me out in one of his many vulgar ways. I really need to stop thinkning about Potter.

"I would love to." I said truthfully.

Their house was warm, welcoming and wizardly. Everything I ever hoped for in a house full of magical folk. They had pots washing themselves in the sink, and box unpacking themselves left right and centre. Overall it was a lovely atmosphere to be in.

"Lucas, that you?" asked a voice from behind a practically large pile of boxes.

"The one and only – accompanied by our new neighbour as well." He said gesturing to me. At that the movement stopped and suddenly a curly head popped up from behind the tower of cardboard.

"Hello dearie! You must excuse the mess, I've been meaning to pop round to introduce myself but it seems like Lucas has beat me to it. I'm Wanda Falvey, I'm assuming you're the Lily our Lucas won't shut up about then?"

I blushed as nearly as scarlet as my hair and nodded slightly.

"Ignore her and her knack for exaggerating everything." Said Lucas lightly.

"Go on introduce your new friend to the rest of the family, I'll make food and bring it upstairs." She said smiling kindly.

"Thanks mum."

"I thought you were ignoring me?" she replied with a smile.

So I spent the rest of my day playing a game of exploding snap with Lucas and his siblings and honestly had a great time.

When I got home I started writing to all my friends wishing them a merry Christmas eve for tomorrow. All to do was to write to Remus, someone I had grown rather close to over the winter term.

Dear Rem,

Hope you are well and arrived home safely, I got home to a surprise – new neighbours! From Hogwarts as well, Lucas, a Ravenclaw in our year and his family. I spent the day at his house and we are becoming fast friends. Hope you have a great Christmas, you should really come and visit your aunt soon, turns out she only lives a few streets away, if the address you told me is right, it would be lovely to see you – I need someone to talk about NEWTS with, I don't really think Lucas is one for studying rather a naturally clever person (unlike me).

Hope to see you soon,

Lily x

JAMES POV

"I wonder how my dear Lily flower is coping Padfoot. Surrounded by muggles." I said as Remus, Sirius and I were lounging about in my room, waiting for the rain to pass to play quidditch.

"She sounds like she's doing fine from her letters." Said Remus who I thought had his head in a book.

"What?! She writes to you??" I asked in disbelief

"Well we are friends James."

"But we don't write to each other though and we are friends?"

"James, Sirius literally lives at your house –"

"Cheers for that by the way Prongs mate" said Sirius.

"Anytime." I replied.

"- and I know if I sent letters you would not read them or forget so it's much easier I floo round here."

"Let me see it!" I begged.

"I don't have it on me – I don't treasure everything she touches unlike you"

"Rude. But surely you remember it, you and your oversized brain"

"It was something along the lines of that she has a new neighbour, some ravenclaw called Lucas, and she wants me to visit my aunt so I can see her to talk about newts."

"Lucas? The beater? He better not make a move on my girl." I said getting angry at the punk who thought he could just waltz in and steal the girl I had been winning over for 5 years.

"Prongs she isn't your girl." Said moony.

"Why do you need to visit your aunt anyway moony?" asked Padfoot.

"Well she lives a few streets away from Lily." He stated.

I looked evilly at Sirius, an already plan forming in my head.

"Moony. I think it's time we pay your aunt Muriel a visit."

hello friends,

heres the promised update - not brilliant i know but please tell me what you think. Please read my previous authors note and COMMENT- I don't bite you know- i would love to hear from people who read this awful story. 

please VOTE, SHARE, AND COMMENT,

lotta love,

HufflepuffHagrid