Chapter Fourteen

"Promise,"

Just before Lauren was about to say something else, Camila jumped up and tackled her onto the sofa, hugging the older girl as tight as she possibly could and smothering her face in kisses.

"Thank you for yesterday, Lauren. I really do need to do something massive for you in return," Camila said, gazing into the deep green eyes.

"Well you could kiss me, I'd settle for that," Lauren smirked, focusing on the brown eyed girls lips.

"If you insist," Camila smiled, leaning in and capturing Lauren's soft lips in hers, sighing happily. The kisses were slow and full of meaning, Lauren cupping Camila's cheek and the younger girl with her hands on the porcelain skinned girls waist.

"What were you painting?" Camila asked, pulling away but still only inches from Lauren's lips.

"Just New York, I thought it looked pretty," The green eyed girl replied, glancing over at the canvas.

"I think you're pretty," Camila smiled, kissing Lauren once more the resting her head on the older girls shoulder, her breath tickling Lauren as it steadied.

"How do you fall asleep so quickly?" Lauren spoke into the silent room. Strategically, the green eyed girl moved out from under Camila, grabbing a blanket to cover her then running to her room to get another canvas and began to paint again.

The careful stokes of her brush all came together to create the image of the younger girl sleeping a few feet away, paying close attention to the way her hair was spread out and her delicate facial features. Lauren decided to put on her earphones and play a song that seemed appropriate for her painting. The 1975 - I Like It When You Sleep For You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware Of It. Allowing time to dissolve, Lauren carried on painting, adding the finishing touches as Camila began to stir awake.

"Huh... why am I...?" Camila asked, not yet noticing Lauren's presence, adding to her confusion as to why she was on the sofa.

"Oh, hi," The brown eyed girl said sleepily, spotting Lauren and rubbing her eyes.

"Hi," Lauren smiled, happy with her finished work. "Did you sleep well?" She said, standing up and washing her hands.

"Yep, did you?" Camila asked

"I didn't," Lauren admitted, returning back into the room and collecting up her utensils, "Sleep at all, I mean,"

Camila frowned at Lauren's response.
"Why? You need your sleep you know," The brown eyed girl said, standing up and following Lauren as she went into her bedroom.

"I just couldn't rest my mind, I guess," Lauren replied, shutting the cupboard door and walking back to the living room, Camila following again

"You're like a lost puppy at the moment with your brown eyes, why are you following me?" Lauren asked, facing Camila.

The younger girl played with her fingers.

"I wanted to kiss you," She said, looking down at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing ever.

"Well why didn't you just say so," Lauren commented, grabbing Camila's hands and closing the gap between them. "Kiss me then," She husked into Camila's ear, sending electricity through her body.

"Okay," Camila whispered, kissing the older girl gently at first then deepening the kiss by putting her hand at the back of Lauren's neck. Pulling back, Lauren leant her forehead against Camila's and smiled softly, gazing into the warm brown eyes.

"You're so beautiful, Camz. So beautiful," The green eyed girl whispered before closing the gap between them with another kiss.

Stroking Lauren's soft cheek, the brown eyed girl muttered an almost unaudible, "You're even more so," before flicking her tongue over the older girls bottom lip, granting access as Lauren opened her lips wide enough so that Camila could dart her tongue inside. Opening her eyes ever so slightly, the younger girl noticed the clock on the wall.