Chapter 13

"Camila, what are you doing here?"

It was undeniable that Camila knew who's voice exactly that belonged to.

"Hola, to you to, Mama," The brown eyed girl muttered, feeling around for Lauren's hand then clasping it in her own.

"What are you doing here?" Camila's mother asked, looking straight into her daughters eyes while Lauren watched the interaction.

"Papa rang me and told me about Sofi..." Camila began, trailing off slightly and feeling the green eyed girl squeeze her hand in support.

"I had to come here, Mama, she's still my little sister," The brown eyed girl sighed, feeling weakened by her mothers response to her being at the hospital

"Alejandro!" The shorter lady suddenly called, disappearing into the hospital room then seconds later, Camila's father coming out.

"Hola, mija!" The taller man beamed, instantly wrapping his arms around his daughter.

"Don't listen to your mother, okay? Do you hear me mija?" Camila's father asked, his hands placed firmly on his oldest daughters shoulders who feebly nodded in response.

"Good. And who may this be?" Alejandro asked, turning to face Lauren who hadn't yet said anything.

"Oh, this is Lauren," Camila introduced, "She's just a friend,"

Lauren felt a bit taken aback by the words that had slipt from the brown eyed girls lips, but what was she to expect, they weren't dating, only had a heated make out session.

"Ah, well it's a pleasure to meet you, Lauren," Camila's dad said, sticking out his hand which the green eyed girl gently shook.

"May I ask, did you used to live in Miami, your face looks very familiar," Alejandro probed, staring at the porcelain skinned girl.

"Er... yeah, I used to," Lauren replied, not wanting to give out much information.

"Ah ha! I knew it!" He said, cheerfully, a complete opposite personality to his wife. I guess opposites do attract. Lauren thought, kindly smiling at the man's reaction.

"If you want to come in you can, she's not awake though, she hasn't been since... y'know" Camila's father said, taking some steps towards the room.

"I'll come in in a second," The brown eyed girl said, waiting for her Dad to go back into the room before turning to face Lauren, draping her arms around the older girls neck and kissing her. However, Lauren did not reciprocate the action. Leaning back with a confused expression, Camila stared into the green eyes trying to find an answer, then realised what must've affected the older girl.

"I'm sorry," The smaller girl said, pouting, "I just didn't know what to say, I thought that maybe you would be uncomfortable if I had called you my girlfriend. I'm sorry Lauren," Camila concluded, hopefully staring at Lauren who thankfully leaned in to kiss the younger girl.

"It's okay, I understand," The green eyed girl said, stroking Camila's hand gently.

"Do you want me to come in with you or..." Lauren offered.

"Stay here for a bit, if that's okay, you know, my parents don't know you so it might be a bit weird," Camila tried to explain herself but Lauren decided to quickly shut her up by delicately kissing her.

"It's okay, Camila. Go in, I'll stay here,"

"Thank you," The brown eyed girl whispered before planting a quick kiss on Lauren's lips then disappearing behind the same door that her parents had.