Chapter Eighteen: GG's Plan

Trè POV

I looked around as the room got quiet and tried focusing my attention elsewhere.

I peeked a look at Mercy to see him clenching his teeth glaring at Ethan. Shit. Everyone excluding me was glaring at Ethan. Even the furnitures.

"Soo....You and Mercy are brothers?" I shifted to face Kenneth.

He cleared his throat adverted his attention to me and tightened his hold on Oliver.

"No." I didn't know what to say to that so I just nodded and turned back around.

Six minutes later (I was counting) Kenneth abruptedly stood up catching all of their attention and nervously glanced around.

"My brother and I must be going. Our father will be horrendously (I hope I spelt that right) mad if we don't go and visit him soon." I'on even blame him. He probably wondering what the hell he got him and Oliver into. Shit, I would leave too, but I have to be here to support Mercy.

Fuck! Shit.

Ole dude must have felt uncomfortable at the tension in the air. And with the way Mercy glaring at him don't make the situation no better.

"Ethan. Get yourself and whoever the fuck this nigga is out of my face." Mercy's voice sounded out quietly.

I bit my lip and rubbed my hands together nervously.

The last time he talked in that tone. He was beating Rio's brother all through and out the barber shop. 👈 And to be honest and all jokes aside I'm scared as shit.

Ethan stood there not moving as Kenneth got the memo and started for the door until GG stopped him.

"Sit down chile. We have some things to discuss about this situaution. I don't know why that Klay kid is starting to come around knowing that Trè and Mercy are together. But we have to figure this out." She huffed. "Now why did you really come child? We already get Ethans dumb ass reason. But why did you agree?"

"U-um Owen is an old friend that I met a while back at my college that I'm still at back in London. We recently just met each other three weeks back in Houston and I told him I was coming to Memphis to visit my father. A couple days ago we all met- Owen, Ethan and I- they showed me around. I haven't been able to visit my father due to circumstances yet. That night Ethan called me and told me to act like Mercy's brother and that he'd help me with my problem so I agreed. My real name is Kenneth Acker not Lander, and his name is Oliver Acker Jr. after our father. We haven't gotten to see him in a while so I'm who he looks up to and thinks I'm his dad. He knows our father though." Well shit.

"Trè, Ethan and Owen come to the back with me. I have some things to discuss." GG huffed walking to the back of the room. "Mercy don't you hit that boy." She warned as he rolled his eyes.

Ethan and Owen shuffled behind her and I looked at Mer not trusting him to do nothing to Kenneth and Oliver while they're alone. He caught me staring and sighed standing up.

"I'm just gon' go to my room." He mumbled walking off.

"Give me a minute." I grumbled to Kenneth and Oliver and tossed him the remote. "Make yourself comfortable."

Ethan POV

"He wasn't going to do nothing." I whined as Easton slammed my bedroom door behind me.

"You knew how he was gon' react yet you still did the shit. That's a boppa move."

"He had to know someway. And with you being Khali's cousin you sure as hell wasn't going to tell him." I snapped turning to him "And if telling Mercy wasn't my business, telling Khali's wasn't yours."

"But why you brought Kenneth in this though?"

"He and Oliver are in this just as much as you and Trè."

"You still could have used me instead of him." He grumbled.

"It was quick thinking. And he was more easier to persuade."

"Man this shit got wayy to deep for me." He held his head.

"You're the one related to physco." He sucked his teeth.

"Man shut up. That was on Kyra's crazy ass mom side."

"Still. Y'all related."

"Whatever." He jumped on the bed beside me.

"How you think Mercy is going to take this?" He asked.

"Shit. Hopefully better than Trè." He agreed.

A moment of silence passed around us and just as I was about to speak Easton beat me to it.

"You think GG plan's gonna work?"

"Shit. It better, lil T don't deserve that crazy ass bitch as a mom." I sighed looking at the ceiling. "This'll be good for Mercy and Trè too. I just hope it all works out."

"You've been giving him the false updates right?" I asked him.

"Yeah. He should be flying out here with Malik soon."

Damn.

"Everybody's skeletons are about to be revealed." I chuckled. He laughed and got up going to the drawer to pick up his blunt.

"I hope they ready."

As you guys can tell. EVERY character was placed there for a reason. NO character was just random.

This book is about to go on some CSI shit without the cops.