(III)Chapter 3: The heart wants what the heart wants

Malik in the mm.

Malik

I'm here at this resturant waiting for Trè to show up like he said he was. To be honest I'm tired of doing all this back and forth stuff with our relationship. One minute we all in love and on our happy shit then the next we can't stand to look at each other. Some' got to give.

"Hey." He sat down in front of me. I was so far gone in my thoughts that I didn't even notice when he walked in.

"Hey." I said back.

It was an awkward silence between us for awhile and that shit ain't normal.

"So wassup with you, you ain't want to rock with me no more?" I asked him.

Might as well get straight to the point.

"It ain't even like that, I'm just chillin' it with the homie."

"So I'm the homie now?"

"Nah not you I meant Mer. Me and him been kickin' it yesterday and at the shop and he don't know about me so." He shrugged, I wanted so bad to just tell him about this Mercy character and Khali. But that ain't my business, nor my business to tell.

Khali's a close friend of mine and I won't put him in a situation like that.

"So it's gon' be like this all the time when you around him?"

"That nigga my heart, he been kickin' it with me before I even knew what kickin' it was about. And I ain't loosing my bestfriend over some shit like this."

"So our relationship is shit now?" I asked with a light smirk on my face and I could see the irritation come on his.

"Yo stop fuckin' putting words in my mouth dawg, I never said that this was shit. I said shit like this."

"So if he don't agree with your sexuality, that's it for us?"

He shrugged then sighed.

"Mane I don't know." I nodded my head and pursed my lips trying to hide my hurt and push back tears.

I could have anybody I fucking want and I'm here chasing after a nigga who could easily let me go and not give a fuck because of his 'bestfriend'.

"Mercy doesn't love you like that Trè." I can sit here and play the ass with him all day, but the way he talks about his 'bestfriend' and gets that look in his eyes isn't normal.

"Whatchu' mean?" He scrunched up his face.

"Mercy doesn't love you like that Trè, he's not in love with you. I am. Stop trying to replace me for something that's not there."

"What are you talking about? I don't have those type of feelings for my bestfriend, only you." I chuckled shaking my head.

"So why won't you tell him about you? About us."

"Because he wouldn't understand!" He raised his voice.

"Yeah and why won't he? How would you know if you never even fucking tried?!" I shouted back.

"Cause..."

"Cause what Trè?" I waited for his response. "That's what I thought, you don't have a good enough reason. Tell him or lose me. I'm not staying with a nigga who's ashamed of me. Better yet ashamed of himself." I felt my heart tore as I got up leaving throwing five hundred on the table leaving.

Got me ready to say fuck love dawg.

And fuck him too.

Trè

Wow. Is all I thought as I watched Malik walk out of the resturant. It hurt like hell but I'd get over it. If he could walk away just like that then its all good.

Nigga didn't even let me finish. And to think I texted Mer about us just before I came here.

"Fuck Man!" I flipped over the table kicking the chair.

This shit hurts like fuck.

"Excuse me sir, but I'm going to ask you to leave the premises for today." A waiter walked over to me in a hurry.

Not ready to cause an even bigger scene I just nodded and walked out.

Pulling out my phone I paced around for a few seconds trying to calm myself down. Fuck niggas. I rather get pussy anyday anyway.

"Fuck!" I shouted earning a few stares from ongoing bystanders. "The fuck y'all looking at ?!?" Nosey white folks all in my damn face.

I stopped pacing imagining how fucking crazy I must have looked walking around in circles mumbling shit to myself.

Dialing Mer's number he picked up on the second ring.

"Yooo wasssuuuppp brroodddiie" He shouted laughing.

That instantly put a smile on my face.

"A lil bit a this, a lil bit a that." I responded.

"So what's going on with you, what's good?"

"You got my text?" I asked him ignoring his question.

"Yeah" He sighed with a slight pause for a minute "So that text really was from you?" He sounded a bit hesitant to ask.

"Yeah." I paused. I ain't got shit else to say, my heart beating quick as fuck. "I mean like if you're not okay with it, I ca' try stop I mean, I ain't want to lose you over some shit like this so..." I rambled.

"It's al-" He started, but I cut him off.

"Like I said if you ain't cool with it, I ca' sto-"

"DUDE!" He shouted laughing cutting off my rambling "I have no problem what so ever about your sexuality and who you prefer. My opinion will never change of you because sexuality prefrence, I love you man and that can never change 'cause some type shit like this. Love you and do you yo."

"So we still cool?"

"Cooler than a freezer."

"Corny ass" I laughed "But that's wassup bro thanks for that bruh it was much needed."

"Its whatever. You tryna chill tommorow?"

"Nah I might be busy for awhile." I smiled.

"Doing what?"

"Getting back my future."

"My man... I heard about that shit. See you later bruh."

"One." I hung up.

Time to get Malik's ass back. Like a fool inlove once said "The heart wants what the heart wants."