Chapter Twelve: Brotherly Acceptence

Calvin Gross in the mm. Aka Trè's brother. (Did I ever mention Trè's last name?)

Trè POV

I walked out of theatre with my brother behind me and waved at the few older ladies who were making cat calls at us.

My big brother Calvin is fresh from the airport after me just picking him up and he wanted to see Captin America: Civil War so we drove straight over here.

We reached the car and I hit unlock hopping into the passenger seat and pulling out of the parking lot to moms house.

We made light conversation through the ride but I could tell that something was bothering him or he wanted to tell me something by the way he was fidgeting.

"What man?" I asked as he shifted for the twelfth time.

"So you gay now?" He got straight to the point.

Well ease in it why don't you.

"Yup." I nodded.

Calvin is my big brother so automatically I'm going to feel some type of way if he doesn't see me the same anymore. We were somewhat close after dad left for the army.

"Coo'." He answered.

I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"That's it?" I asked him in disbelief.

From what I know or thought I knew about my brother was that he didn't fuck with homos. At all.

"I mean shit, it's your life. I'm not going to be a douche and try to fuck you over. Society is messed up as it is. And since Jenny is pregnant if my child comes out being homosexual I'm not going to have any choice but to accept it. I see how people be killing themselves from depression, self hate amongst other shit. You human just like me, shit I watched the video of you being pushed out of moms. I know we aren't that close anymore but I made a vow to be the best big brother I can be and I can't do anything but accept it, accept you." He shrugged it off like he didn't just say all of what he just said.

I didn't know how to reply so I didn't.

Where was this mature part of my brother all my life?

We reached the house and I silently rejoiced because after that situation in the car none of us spoke again.

Mom was waiting at the door with a guilty look on her face and I can only guess it's because she was the one to tell Calvin that I was gay.

To be honest I really don't care. The more persons who know the better, it saves time from me explaining myself.

I kissed the side of her head with two of Calvin's bags in my head. I dropped them off in his room and was about to walk out when he entered the room closing and locking the door behind him.

I looked at him expectantly and sat down on the bed waiting for him to talk.

"Why did you get quiet after what I said in the car?" He asked.

"I didn't know what to say." I answered truthfully.

He nodded and sat on the edge of the bed while I sat on the other end.

"So uh when did you find out?"

"Begining of middle school. I noticed when I started hanging around alot more with Mercy."

"He gay too?" I looked at him confused.

"Mom didn't tell you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nah I kind of guessed. Plus a bunch of girls were watching you at the theatre and you barely paid attention." I gave him the 'really nigga' look because my bro might be smart, but he ain't that smart.

"Okay mom might have accidentally slipped it out during one of our conversations-"

"I knew it-" He cut me off.

"-but she caught herself and tried switching the subject. I already heard her and started to question her on it. She broke and told me that you were gay but that's all. No lie I was mad for a good while because at the time I thought of you as a faggot and despised you for a few weeks but then Jenny told me that she was pregnant and I started realizing and looking at alot of things from diffrent points of views that concluded everything that I said in the car. But I promise to love you regardless bro." It went quiet for a while again before I reached over and hugged as a few tears dropped down my face as he squeased me tighter.

"I'm glad you changed your mind bro." I exhaled sniffling.

"Me too Trèvon, me too."

-----

Mercy POV

"You better not clip my shit wrong too." I told Ethan.

I'm at his moms house getting a lil trim off my hair so I can let it grow even and back to that puffy fro I had back in the day.

During the family whatever, alot of shit was brought out to the light including pictures. It was one when I was younger and I think I was by my dads old house with my hair out, because I remember the old pool chair.

I wanted it back so I decided to let my hair grow out again. I would do it myself but I get nervous cutting my own hair in possibility that I might fuck up so I leave it for Trè to do. But he's out with his brother and mom today so I just let him be.

"It ain't clipping if you getting all shaved off dumbass." He snapped.

"Man whatever, you just better not fuck me up." I took my hoodie and beanie off.

**

A few hours later my head was done. It would have been earlier if I didn't have to keep stopping and directing his ass on how to cut it right. He got mad and took an hour lunch which got us in a heated arguement with colorful words before he finally finished.

"Thanks bitch." I stood up and dusted myself off.

"Man whatever, just give me my money Mercy." I looked at him and laughed.

"That was my free cut." I threw up the dueces putting back on my hoodie and beanie walking out the front room to the kitchen.

I gon' see if GG finished cooked yet.