Ending

"Where to, miss?"

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

The driver nodded, unseen of course, and drove off. The silence in the cab told you he was most likely staring, or at least looking at you curiously.

"So, why so late, if you don't mind my asking?" he piped up. "Isn't that place closing in about an hour or something?"

"I'm meeting someone," you replied, sitting stiff and nervous. He didn't press the subject.

The cab driver was kind enough to offer you a free ride, but you insisted, paying and striding up to the restaurant with ease.

No matter how much revenue the place would make, it would never change.

It was past eleven at night, and since the doors weren't sealed shut yet, you could walk in with ease. The same smell of pizza and floor cleaner assaulted you like nostalgia always did, and your eyes watered.

No. Breathe. It would go well.

Your late brother, while he'd made enough money to support you, was still as scrupulous as ever. He'd left a considerable amount in a savings account, and even at his age had somehow gotten a hefty life insurance policy.

Maybe he had a hunch.

There was enough to afford bills for a good long while, at any rate. And you still planned to return to work... though keeping the night shift was something you'd have to think over. Even if it was a sure thing.

Your footsteps echoed the empty party room, and you slowly made your way to a table off to the side, sitting patiently. Waiting. They weren't stupid.

"Sweetheart?" Chica's voice came from your right, and you smiled into her human form's arms. She'd even managed not to smother you with her chest, though you imagined your face had something to do with it. "Oh, sweetie, I'm so glad you're back..." she spoke, her voice breaking just slightly.

"Aye, now, ain't ye a sight fer sore eyes?" Foxy added behind you, and you could only grin at the stupid pun, letting the fox lift you up into his spinning hug, leaving you a giggling mess. "Glad t' have ye back, lass."

"H-Hey..." Bonnie still sounded timid. "How are you holding up?"

His memory chip had been salvaged by Gold, and placed into the new animatronic. It was as though Bonnie had never left. He hugged you carefully, and his shaky form told you he was crying like Chica probably was.

Once the little reunion had ended, Foxy cut through the silence. "Lassie? I don' mean ter pry an' all, but... why do ye have those?"

You smiled. "Because I have something to show him"

Your heart had been pounding since you'd stepped into the cab, but it suddenly slowed, relaxed. You could breathe easier.

"...... Show me what?"

He'd managed to sneak up on you, and you felt slightly ashamed; your hearing was better than that. The rapid pulse in your ears had been too distracting.

Hands on your shoulders, Freddy slowly helped you to stand before you buried your face into his shoulder. He grunted slightly, but laughed it off and wrapped arms around you.

You didn't know how much of his memory remained. There was too much that had to be gotten rid of, but he at least knew who you were. It was a start.

If the two of you had to begin again, it was fine. But you couldn't let him go.

Freddy stroked your hair, silent. Your heart beat like crazy, and you heard the others quietly slip away; enough for privacy but not enough to miss anything. Typically nosy.

"What did you have to show me?" he repeated, and you pulled away with another little smile before reaching up to remove the bandages.

There was enough to foot the medical procedure, and you knew it had gone well. You didn't wear the bandages at home, alone, but you already knew what it was you wanted. What you wanted to see.

Blinking wildly for a few moments against the sudden harsh lights, your eyes fell on the bear, still in his human form, still holding you. His face was one of puzzlement at first, then his jaw dropped just slightly, realizing.

"Hi, Freddy," you whispered.

His hand reached up for your face, thumb running along the side near your eye, letting it sink in.

You could see him. Actually see him. His siren, while you were always perfect, had only grown even more.

Yes, you were still his siren. He still ached for you. The withdrawal was nothing short of pure torture, but the bear had hid it well. He had no choice.

Gold was intelligent and cautious, but not infallible. It would have been easy to mix things up.

Easy to misplace one chip in favor of the other.

The one Freddy was supposed to receive, the new one that Gold had created, was crushed thoroughly. The giant bear had no idea.

But having you beside him again, after four months, he could breathe easy again. You weren't going anywhere. Freddy didn't want to change, but now he knew to be more careful.

Careful not to let them put their hands on you ever again.

Freddy stroked your face, smiling ruefully at the sight of tears running from your eyes. Your new, beautiful eyes. You still had the scars you'd always had, but the bear didn't mind them. He loved them as much as he loved everything else.

And now you'd come back. He knew if he was patient that you would. You had to. That was why he kept his memory chip: you needed him just as badly. The bear wanted to worship you, and you needed him to do it. If his memories were changed, gone, you would be lost.

You were pulled close, his mouth whispering into your ear as softly as he could manage.

"Have you come back to me?"

"Of course."

"Will you leave me to die without you?"

"No, Freddy."

"Then sing for me, my lovely siren."

You always would.

(So... the ending was supposed to be slightly different, but @ReaperTheBear brought something up, so I tweaked it a little.

And in case anyone is confused...

Stockholm Syndrome.

Hope you liked it, hun. ♡)