Part Fifteen

The three of them stood outside the door leading down into the basement. It was the only place they hadn't looked; they'd even peered underneath the stage, just in case.

They also had chains, just in case.

Foxy swallowed hard. In terms of sheer strength, the only person that could compete with Freddy was Bonnie... assuming the bunny didn't decide to get sick again.

As softly as he could manage, the pirate slowly opened the door, leaning over a touch to listen.

But there was no need to do so; all three of them heard the long, deep moan coming from the basement.

Bonnie promptly dropped the chains, hands in the air and turning to walk away. "Nope. I'm out."

Chica snatched him by the back of his vest. "You're staying right here, bunny boy. We need you to grab whoever decides to run up here first. We need to try to reason with Freddy. Got it?"

Her tone sent a terrified chill down Bonnie's back. "Y-Yes, ma'am."

She turned to nod to Foxy once the rabbit had picked the chains back up, and she and the pirate carefully descended the staircase.

Or at least they wanted to, if the bear hadn't suddenly come thundering up the steps, with an expression so enraged Bonnie almost didn't grab him in time.

Struggling to restrain him, the bunny had the bear by the wrists, grasping them behind Freddy's back as the latter eyed him, teeth bared and eyes narrowed, still black.

How had he heard them?!

Succeeding in chaining Freddy, Foxy and Bonnie pushed the bear out of the Parts and Services room and towards the stage. "Release me!!" their captive screamed, echoing the empty pizzeria.

"Not until ye snap out of it, Captain! Ye lost yer mind!" Foxy cried out. As a reply, Freddy leaned back before nailing the pirate dead in the forehead with his own, the headbutt knocking Foxy to the ground, out cold.

Chica shrieked, and Bonnie hesitated, giving the bear just enough to switch to his animatronic form, breaking the chains that bound him and turning towards the other two. They froze; this was worse than they'd expected. Freddy's temper was always slow, but he was so furious so quickly...

One hand gripping the chain, the bear used it like a whip, snapping it around Chica's neck and yanking her to the floor, as well. He turned to Bonnie, who was caught somewhere between wanting to run and fighting back. Though Freddy tried the same with him, the bunny managed to grab the chain before it caught him.

"F-Freddy... snap out of it... you... you murdered an innocent person, you can't just--"

"I will do what I must to protect her!! Especially from you!!" Freddy let loose one of their horrible screeching sounds, making both the bunny and Chica back off.

But he only stopped dead when he found you in the doorway, eyebrows knit together. You took a step forward, towards the source of the screaming.

He'd killed someone. To protect you. From what?

And who had he killed?

Your instincts already told you the answer, though you sure as hell didn't want to believe it.

"... so that's it. He was right, wasn't he?" you asked, voice steady but knees feeling like they would give at any moment as you took another step closer. To Freddy. To the source of the problem, after all. "He's dead, isn't he?"

The bear, though he'd shifted back, stood frozen in his place. This wasn't supposed to be how things had ended up. You were supposed to stay downstairs, down where he could watch you, keep you safe and out of harm's way.

Bonnie was busy trying to get Foxy back into consciousness, he and a shaken Chica watching warily. Perhaps you would do what they would be unable to: get through to the bear.

You stopped just short of him, though your eyes were useless, you glared as best you could from behind the dark glasses. "Didn't you?"

"I--"

"Don't lie to me," you spat.

Freddy swallowed, mouth working, torn between wanting to beg you to forgive him and simply crying. You weren't supposed to find out! You were supposed to let him convince you that it had been an accident, or maybe even pinned the blame onto Bonnie, or... anything but this!

It was your expression that so stunned him. The anger you were holding in check. Aimed at him, no less.

His silence gave him away, and you grit your teeth in an effort to hold back your own tears. Freddy had killed your brother, and who knew where he was now?

Did he think you would have forgiven him? Understood why he did it?

"Freddy... I hate you."

He felt it. His heart breaking. He could do nothing as you cautiously made your way towards the security office, your head down and sobbing softly as you left.

And there was no way for him to go after you, to calm you down. To make things right.

Because he was the reason for the tears this time.

He heard both doors crash closed, and the bear sank to his knees.

Bonnie approached him carefully. "... hey. Freddy." Did he feel bad? After what the bear had done? Admittedly, yes... they'd killed before, though not to this extreme.

But the heartbreak was all over the bear's face, which he covered with both hands.

...

No. No, it couldn't end like this. Not like this.

You belonged to him. He belonged to you. And there was no way around it. He would make you see how he felt, how he still wanted you just as badly as ever. Perhaps more, now that you told him he basically wasn't allowed to have you.

But he would, he realized as Bonnie lay a hand on his shoulder, trying to talk to him comfortingly. Words he ignored completely.

He would have you. He would make sure of it. You didn't have any other option. And he would claim you as he wanted.

Freddy didn't want to hurt you. But you... you'd cut him. You'd cut him as deeply as you pleased, tossing him aside after everything he'd been through. Everything he tried to show you. He still loved you, even now, and you cast him aside?

The bear's face darkened, looking up from his hands. He adored you still. Everything about you.

But your voice, the one thing that could weaken him, could also strengthen. And he'd be sure to hear every little sound you made, no matter what.

Whether from pleasure or pain, he'd hear it. Only him.