Part Sixteen

You rocked slowly in the chair, focused on breathing steadily. On ignoring the urge to cry, lash out, anything. You had to stay calm. As calm as possible, anyway.

Freddy had killed your brother. For what? Were they truly that suspicious of each other?

... Was Freddy that madly in love with you that he felt he had to get rid of him, the one person that was trying to stop it?

Did you really need to answer that?

You weren't sure what hurt more, the fact that it had been done, or the fact that your heart had shattered. Yes, you liked the bear. A lot. More than just liked, maybe. You certainly felt something.

And even now, when you wanted so badly to hate him, telling him you did, having him around still brought that feeling of comfort. Safety.

How long was it going to last? Would you still relax in his presence even now?

A long, loud, high-pitched whining mechanical sound echoed the hallways, and the doors opened back up simultaneously with a crash.

'What happened?! It can't be that late... the power just went out... did... Did something happen to the generator?'

Another sound stopped you dead. A sort of music-box song. The Toreador March. You'd only heard it once before, but you knew precisely who made it.

And you were completely defenseless.

"FREDDY, DON'T YE DARE!!" Foxy's voice rang through clearly, but with a terrific crash the pirate must have been hit, as he fell in a crumpled metal heap to the floor.

More footsteps came from the party room, and you pushed the chair back against the far wall, curling up tighter, listening to the sounds of metal being knocked around. Was Freddy taking them down?

"Freddy! ENOUGH! YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR!!" Bonnie's voice came next, but was cut off just as abruptly as Foxy's had been, with a similar crash.

One more of those horrible screeching sounds before you felt arms wrap around you. You shrieked, trying to scramble out of the animatronic's grip, but your arm brushed a beak. Not a muzzle.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, but I've got to hide you...!" Chica whispered, running as fast as she could down the opposite hallway. "The others are okay, he's just knocking them around... f-for now..."

"Ch-Chica... he's... Freddy's lost it, hasn't he?"

"Yeah. We need to snap him out of it but..." She suddenly knelt down, and pushed you into a small, enclosed space. "Just keep it down. You'll be all right, sweetie. I pro--"

The door, you assumed the kitchen one, was thrown open loudly. "How dare you... trying to hide my goddess from me...? Do you think I would allow for that? DO YOU?!"

"Freddy, you've got to stop!" the chicken cried out, " You're sick in the head! We don't want you hurting anybody!"

"Why would I hurt her? She... is... EVERYTHING!!"

The booming sound of metal falling to the floor seemed to echo in the tiny space Chica had put you in; where were you, the cupboards beneath the counter?

It didn't matter, as another pair of robot hands grabbed you, gathering you in their arms. Though you felt relaxed, you were anxious at the same time.

Where would Freddy take you now?

*****

If there wasn't such a tight hold on you, you probably would have stood a better chance to escape, but to where? Before 6 am, the doors were locked tight.

And there was no way Freddy was releasing you so easily this time.

Your wrists were bound behind your back, held in place around your neck. Not much room to move as you were gingerly set back onto the bed.

"Please forgive me," the bear whispered into your ear, stroking the side of your face which you jerked away from. "I cannot leave you in harm's way. You'll be safe down here."

"Go to hell!!" you screamed, and a heavy hand clamped over your mouth immediately.

"Please. Don't strain your voice." Kissed softly, you turned your head away, frowning. Freddy said nothing for a few minutes, the silence heavy. "...You will sing for me."

"Why?" you asked bitterly. "Why should I sing for you? You're a fucking murderer, so why should I do anything for you?!"

"Because you are at my mercy. And if you do not want more bloodshed, you will sing. You will sing for me, and only me." The bear nuzzled your forehead, thoroughly ignoring your physical protests. "You will understand soon enough."

"Understand what? I think I get plenty," you spat back.

"Understand what you do to me." He leaned closer, your neck in his hands, "And what I will do to you."

Anger or not, you'd be damned if it didn't give you chills. Your face heated up rapidly, and you grimaced against it. Damn it all, why, why did you still feel like this? He'd killed your brother and here you sat blushing at him!

Were you just as sick as he was?

*****

"H-Hey... are... are you guys... okay...?" Bonnie called out, switching to his human form and grunting with the effort of standing. Robot or not, he was battered around pretty well. No severe damage, but the bunny was fairly sure that Freddy had been more concerned with getting to you than stopping them.

A few feet away, the clanking sound of metal on the tiles rang quietly. Foxy was banging his hook on the floor a little as he tried to move to a sitting position, holding his head. "Aye... this hurts somethin' fierce..."

"Yeah... but... it could've been so much worse," the bunny reasoned. Maybe Freddy wasn't so far gone as to consider destroying them...

"Sh-shit... need t' get... Auugh..." The pirate, unsteady on his feet, wandered towards the kitchen. Why he didn't decide to use their strange black-eyed vision, Bonnie didn't know, but Foxy succeeded in tripping over what sounded like half of the party room.

Wincing, Bonnie knew there was no chance to be sneaky now.

'Clumsy idiot...'