Part Seventeen

The commotion from the room above you didn't make you stir whatsoever. You simply lie on your side, arms still bound behind your back, and tape over your mouth to silence you.

After all, you weren't allowed to make noise while Freddy wasn't there.

It was long past your shift end, and the pizzeria had opened for the day, sounding as though it would get busier quick. Though you were right below, you weren't able to listen to anyone talking clear enough.

You were past the point of crying. You didn't know why the others couldn't simply get you out, but Freddy was always suspicious. Paranoia and intelligence was a deadly combination. And whatever he said or did to them kept them away.

Heavy footsteps came down the creaky stairs, and the calm silence told you already who your surprise visitor was.

The edge of the bed sank as the bear sat down, hand rubbing your upper arm. "Are you well? Hungry, perchance?" You just huffed through your nose. Freddy's weight shifted, and your head was turned upward, presumably towards him. He'd taken your glasses long ago, and you felt more exposed than if you'd been stripped down. The bear's face hovered over yours, and you could feel his warm breath trailing down your throat. "I am trying to take care of you, you mustn't act so sullen. You are safe with me. With us," he added. "We shall all see to you."

'Then why can't they just HELP me?!'

It was obvious Freddy wanted attention, but he also didn't want to loosen your bindings. Not yet, anyways. There was a soft clatter on the floor nearby as he tossed his top hat aside. "I've a small break from the stage... and I intend to spend it with you. I need to hear you."

As gently as duct tape removal could be, the bear freed your mouth, but you fell into a stubborn silence. He paused, waiting patiently, but you frowned. If it was your voice he wanted, then it was your voice he wouldn't get.

In one fluid motion you were pulled upright and held against the bear, who hugged you closely. "Please... don't be like this. All I ask is a little conversation. A few words. I want to make you happy, not upset you."

His hand stroked your hair, the other at your lower back beneath where your wrists were being kept. Your jaw clenched. "If you want me to be happy, then fucking let me go!!"

"... to where?" he asked. Wasn't it obvious? Home! Away from the hell you'd been stuck in!

But reality slowly snuck in, and you bit your lip.

You had nowhere to go. Your brother dead, your job certainly couldn't keep the bills paid. And being disabled as you were, it was difficult to be cost effective at the same time.

You had nowhere to go anymore. Freddy had seen to it that you remained in the pizzeria, for good.

"Y... y-you... s-son of a... bitch..." you choked, and his mouth pressed against yours for a moment before pulling away. You tried to speak again, but each time the bear would interrupt you with a kiss. He shifted you, settling you in his lap. Like he used to.

For that matter, his lap felt hard as metal, and his oversized muzzle gently nudged the side of your face. That faint humming sound came from deep inside his suit, like a purr.

The sparks were back... not that they'd ever left. Freddy nuzzled you again, his eyelids falling, now fully able to enjoy his mechanisms speeding up, the electricity sending jolts through his endoskeleton.

Your head hung, leaning on the bear's felt-covered face, breaking down.

"I am here for you. I will always be here for you. And I will always love you."