Part Twelve

'... Where is she?'

Freddy had a momentary shot of panic run through him. You weren't in the security office. He told you he'd meet you in there, so then why didn't you go?

The bear walked away from the office again, slowly, trying to think on where else you might have gone to. But he told you where to meet him; you shouldn't have been anywhere else!

Soft murmuring came from behind the Pirate's Cove curtain. Freddy stopped just outside it to listen.

"... Bonnie be a good man, an' stronger'n he looks..."

The bear's head started spinning again. Was the entire pizzeria against him? Hand to his forehead, Freddy backed up a step. Was Foxy now trying to get you together with Bonnie?

Was he overreacting?

'Overreacting about what? I can't be! I am her favorite! I am the one she is meant to possess! I am the only one that can be with her!!'

For one split second Freddy felt like he might be losing his mind. He took a deep, slow breath, trying to clear his head.

Yes, he was your favorite. That hadn't changed as you'd grown up. Even now, he was the one you hadn't pushed away. Bonnie... learned his lesson. And Foxy? Should he really be worried?

The bear smiled, laughing under his breath. No, he shouldn't be worried. Chica was right: he had to put faith in you. Granted, the rabbit now needed some repairs, but that wasn't his fault. The rabbit shouldn't have been trying to take you to begin with.

'But why try again? He'd been rejected once... why?'

Freddy's face suddenly darkened.

Because someone told Bonnie to try again. Someone who didn't like the bear. Who preferred the bunny even years after he'd stopped coming to the pizzeria for fun and not his job.

Someone he had to chat with.

*****

You were pissed. Beyond that, honestly. Your brother convinces you to talk to Bonnie and he goes to try to kiss you again? It had to be his doing.

He didn't seem to notice you in the living room fuming silently with a book in your lap. Braille was becoming easier, but still slow going. Wasn't going to stop you, though.

"So I never got to ask you how last night went," he chirped. He sounded so happy. "Did Bonnie feel any better?"

Your mouth worked. "By now, I really doubt it."

"... how come?" Good. That cheeriness dropped like a sack of rocks.

"Well, for one, I'm not stupid and I know you put him up to it. Second, even he sounded hesitant. And third, Freddy came in before he could do anything."

That fucking, god forsaken rusting hunk of scrap metal! Your brother threw a silent fit, tugging his hair in frustration. What did he have to do to get Fazfuck out of the picture?!

You just curled up in your corner of the couch, tossing the book off of your lap onto the floor somewhere. "Why can't you just leave me alone and let me do my job?"

"Because I hate that bastard!!" he snapped back. "I don't trust him and I will never trust him!"

"Get over it." Enough was enough. Annoyed, you pushed your way off of the couch. "Just because you don't trust him doesn't mean I'm the same way. I'm keeping my job and you're going to suck it up. No, actually... you can apologize."