Part Eight

All the next day your brother felt increasingly uncomfortable at work. He'd told you he had no more problems with you working at the pizzeria, and he wasn't lying. He trusted you.

It was the fucking bear he didn't trust.

All his shift he found himself glaring at the mascot, and he'd be damned if the bear wasn't looking right back. Like he knew he was being watched!

Purposely taking his time, as Tuesdays were often slow, your brother lingered in the kitchen long after the other employees had left for the night. The animatronics meandered their way aimlessly, still stuck in day mode for the time being.

Now your brother knew better. They were bored. Actually bored, waiting until they could change.

Freddy was doing all he could to avoid the kitchen. It wasn't his "area", so to speak, so it wasn't all that difficult, but oh... he wanted to wrap his hands around your brother's throat and snap his neck.

The kitchen clean and ready to go for the next day, your brother walked out and into the main party room, the animatronics mostly not paying too much attention to him, save one.

The only one he was concerned with.

Approaching the bear, your brother frowned. "I'll only ask you this once, Fazbear: what are you planning on doing with my sister?"

Freddy merely blinked, tilting his head. Playing dumb. The others stopped to watch this, intrigued.

Your brother only got angrier, trying his best not to scream. "I know you can hear me. I know what you're capable of. I kn--"

"You don't know the half of what I am capable of, boy," Freddy interrupted, slowly. "Your shift is over. Leave."

"Not until you answer me."

"Then you will be staying a long, long time."

They stared each other down silently. After a few minutes of this, Bonnie rolled his eyes and lay a gentle, though still robotic hand on the humans shoulder. "Come on. He's as stubborn as you. Don't worry, we all take good care of her."

With one last sneer, your brother turned and headed for the front doors, the bunny trailing him.

Freddy's eyes narrowed. Was this human really trying to get between you and him? Trying to stop the inevitable?

The bear wanted to laugh.

*****

Your shift started normally, but you sat in the office this time, thinking that it would probably look bad if you stayed out of the one room you were supposed to stay in.

A few minutes past the midnight chime brought footsteps your way, but not the ones you expected. Bonnie's walk was even more soft as a human, and he hung around the doorway, feeling a little bit shy looking in at you. His guitar strapped to his back, he had to swallow a few times before managing a quiet, "Hi."

You just smiled. Company was always nice, no matter who was keeping it, right? The bunny slipped inside, taking his guitar from his back. "Bonnie, you seem quieter than usual... is everything all right?" you questioned.

"Yeah! Y-yeah, I'm... I'm great." He didn't exactly sound convincing, but then again, there was no way for you to see the blood rising in his face. "Hey, um... I was thinking... since you still wanted to sing and all, maybe we could, y'know... practice together?"

He expected a no, but his ears would have perked up when you nodded. "Sure, Bonnie. I'm not sure you can keep up with me now, though," you added, teasing the bunny lightly.