Part Twenty-One

The body slid and fell to the floor like the last had done, though this one was smoking and sizzling a bit. The face was unrecognizable, and the smell of burnt flesh and gore made the bear's nose flare slightly.

Freddy panted, partially wanting to just leave the body for the others to find. As a warning. A reminder of who he was and who they were dealing with.

Freddy. Fucking. Fazbear.

But the other part, the one that still cried for you, cried over your absence, also cried for vengeance. Bonnie's lesson was a difficult one, yes... but perhaps it wasn't over yet.

Your brother always kept the kitchen well, and Freddy would grant him that much. Always spotless, everything scrubbed and prepared and stored.

And sharpened.

Against the wall were magnetic bars, holding a variety of blades. A clever space saver. The bear eyed them almost curiously, then gingerly took the one on the far end. The one that would do the job.

But just in case the cleaver wasn't good enough, Freddy knew there was a fire axe in the pizzeria, as well.

*****

Gold hovered over the tiny chip in his hands in the security office. His face was set in concentration, while Chica and Foxy lingered nearby, unable to help but still around for support.

Bonnie had gone to hide you, and Gold trusted the bunny to do so carefully. If this managed to pull through, then there would be no bloodshed that night.

But he had to work with that tiny chip.

'This would be infinitely easier were my hands smaller... but I am the only one with the knowledge on how we operate...'

The silence was overwhelming, pressing down on the three of them while they waited for the giant bear to finish... and for the bunny to return.

With a heavy sigh, Gold finally sat back, rubbing his face. "Done. Now we--...... Bonnie hasn't returned?"

Foxy shook his head. "No, he only just left. Ain't sure where th' lad stashed the lass, but he be back soon. He be wantin' this t' end as much as th' rest of us."

But in the usual fashion of horror movies and stories, the sound of something being hit over and over spoke otherwise. Like a butcher rapidly cutting through raw steak.

Foxy and Chica made a mad scramble towards the source, while Gold simply stayed behind. He had to; he couldn't afford to--

A scream, this one from a female.

Shit. Where was Freddy?

Looking warily at the chip, Gold left the office, reappearing in the kitchen.

And immediately regretting everything.

'He... he's... taken... apa-...'

Usually the strong one, even the giant bear felt nauseated at the sight before him.

Bonnie had been taken apart. Mutilated and separated, piece by piece. There was an awful-looking bloodstain down the front of the stove, and the stench of hot blood and seared flesh filled the kitchen. The bunny's limbs were scattered, and there was a trail of blood, slowly drying on the tiled floor and leading up to the wall, above the food service window. There, smeared in gore, was written:

"GIVE HER BACK"

Chica was hyperventilating against Foxy, who had a grimace across his face.

Freddy hadn't taken it too far. He'd taken it long past the point of sanity. Gold wasn't even sure there was a hint of humility left in him.

Or if there was any love left over. If it had simply given way to obsession.

"... Take her out of here, Foxy. She doesn't need to see this any longer," Gold spoke softly, watching the pirate all but carry his chicken out the door. With a heavy but shaky sigh, the giant bear found the bunny's head and, without a word as to how he could, made the bunny shift back to his animatronic form.

It was something he himself wasn't positive on, how he could do such a thing when Bonnie was so horribly damaged, but the broken pieces of robot were much easier to stomach despite the blood slathered all over them.

'Please, please be intact...'

Gold, after wincing and prying off the burned, crispy metal and felt, opened the bunny's head. The inside was soaked in blood, dripping out over the sides. But the machinery and computer pieces were still there.

Thank the Puppet.

*****

'I have to find her... I need her... I need my precious siren back... I need to hear her sweet voice again...'

Poor Freddy was frantic; you were such a tiny, fragile little being compared to him, you could have been hidden anywhere. He scurried to and fro, looking very much like a lost child.

The truth wasn't as far-fetched.

He paid no mind to the couple slowly making their way out of the kitchen. He knew they'd gotten the message. He had no more interest in them, they had never tried to interfere as severely as... Bonnie.

The bear grit his teeth at the very thought of the rabbit. The one he would have cheerily called his best friend not so long ago.

The backstabbing, thieving, cruel bastard that he was. Had been, anyway.

Now he was nothing more than stains in the kitchen.

'I suppose there will be a very intense cleaning when we open for the day.'

He had no time to dwell on those things. He needed you.

It was precisely like withdrawal, like he'd realized before... but the craving had only intensified once the bear had gotten a real... taste of you.

Freddy stumbled in his steps a bit. Still weakened. Still desperate. He clutched at his chest, mouth working, eyes filling with tears.

Where were you?!

The bear slowly sank to his knees, leaning on all fours and letting the burning tears fall freely onto the wooden floor, backstage. Freddy sobbed in a low, broken voice.

How could he have been so foolish? How could he have left you alone? He knew damned well what had happened the last time he did, and now he was paying dearly for it. He cried, losing all sense of dignity. Cried for you, because of you... and perhaps to you, as well.

Moaning your name softly in agony, he apologized more to himself for forgetting the one crucial detail that, he was loathe to admit, escaped him more than once: to never leave you alone. How could he protect you when he was nowhere near you?!

*****

Unseen, Gold had left the kitchen, unable to take the sight any longer, returning to the office with the pieces he needed and sinking back into the chair.

The blond bear had lucked out, this time. Though it was stained with blood, it was salvageable.

Knowing they could do nothing until Gold gave them the signal, both Foxy and Chica slipped into Pirate's Cove, the chicken immediately sinking to the stage floor, holding her face in her hands and crying hard. Foxy felt his heart breaking again, and he did the best he could to calm her down, arms wrapped around her, murmuring that things would turn out okay. In the end, they always did. That Bonnie could be rebuilt.

But he wasn't too sure about Freddy's fate. Not anymore.

*****

The tears were angry, now. Freddy's jaw clenched tight, painfully tight, his hands snapping closed into fists and open again, repeatedly.

Was it his fault? Or was it the fucking rabbit's? His fist pounded on the stage floor, making the wooden boards shake loudly.

A sound you couldn't mistake, nor avoid. Softly, in a tone both hesitant and hopeful, you called out, "Freddy...?"

It was long ago established that Freddy had lost it. But, perhaps... so had you.