Chapter 42: Dwindling Hope

Germany and Prussia walked into their home with much dismay. The two brothers walking into their respective rooms. There were currently troops lined up at their home to prevent further damage. It was now a week into their new 'roommates' arrival.

Though Germany wasn't a fan of having Spain and Romano in his home, he would have let the world stay in his house if it meant for Italy to be close. Italy had been placed in a room next to Germany's and seemed to be bedridden.

Germany was constantly checking on him to make sure he was comfortable. He often sat there in silence as Italy stared at a wall. He seemed to have never been able to sleep.

All Italy did now was lie down, or sit up to stare at the boring blank white walls. He hadn't spoken a word and used more body language then any actual noise. His eyes had become empty pools of caramel brown and he had become much more underweight.

Holy Rome often visited and would stay for hours before leaving in distress. Lovino and Antonio were always entering and leaving the house, guards following them everywhere. Even though they had security, they still weren't safe.

Germany sighed and went into his desk and took out a small notebook. His trusty diary. He took a pencil from the desk and began.

Dear Diary,

The latest attack was on America. He was stabbed in his arm and was strangely, drastically weakened. His demeanor became more sickly, more like Feliciano's. This was especially strange because America was the strongest of the nations, a stab in the arm should have healed in days, but it is now four weeks into the recovery and no improvement.

Many of the hostages were luckily returned but were confused. Anytime they were asked where they had gone they said they were taking a walk. Many of them returned with permanent scars that all looked identical but were placed in different body parts for different nations. When asked where that had come from they all said the same thing.

"The nice man dropped his dagger, it was an accident."

They had described the 'nice man' as Italy in another colour, but we explained that Italy hadn't been moving from his bed for a while. They simply shook their heads with an oddly cherry smile. I quickly realised what they meant.

Italy couldn't have been hurting these nations when he was bedridden. Which most likely means Italy's counterpart has finally entered this war, perhaps he already had joined. And if my Italy is a country who is usually kind hearted and cheery, then this second player must mean a very sick and twisted enemy is to be expected.

I'll report tomorrow or maybe even later.

-Germany-
Ludwig Beilschmidt

Ludwig sighed and ran a hand through his blonde hair. He began to head towards the washroom to splash some water in his face.

He leaned into the sink as the faucet ran cold water. He closed his eyes and grabbed a towel to dry with. After that, he looked at his reflection.

To his horror someone completely different deviously grinned at him. Dark violet eyes that threatened Germany's own pale blue eyes. A cocky and toothy smirk mocking the slightly opened and shocked expression.

Germany was about to punch the reflection but it had disappeared. Now showing a trembling blonde boy with balled up fists. This wasn't good.

"They're going to kill us." Ludwig whispered to himself.