Chapter 24: The Little Green Dress

The little girl in the green dress. So pretty,so cute and innocent. She lost her grandfather. She lost her home.

She's staying where I live now. She's deserves nothing but the best,but Austria won't let me talk to her that much. Plus,I'd just get my tongue twisted if I talked to her. I get really nervous when I'm around her. She's so nice and talented. My heart races every time I catch her singing while sweeping.

I hope we will always be together.

-Later-

I can not stay here. It's been months since I left my home,since I left Italy. I promised her,and I can't be honourable if I break that promise.

I heard stomps of soldiers,and my army can handle no more. They've gone through too much and will not survive. But I can not let myself go and have Italy be left with no one. That's cruel.
I must go,because...They're here.

-Later-

Francis is an evil man. An evil and lustful man with no morals. He made me kiss his boot in front of his laughing army. He made fun of my promise and tore the red string. He kicked me and defeated my people,and now I can feel myself losing hope of ever reuniting with my beautiful Italy.

I can remember her laugh though. Her smile. Her singing. The upset huff she made when she knew there would be no pasta. The kiss,her soft lips. And...

Her little green dress.