Chapter 31: My Happy Ending

When they got backstage, Finn wrapped Rachel into the tightest embrace he could offer. "That was so amazing. You were so amazing."

She squeezed him, only to make his heart pound. "We were, weren't we?"

Finn released her and looked into the large brown eyes that never fail to make his heart swell. "Rachel, you think you could forgive me for every stupid thing I've done? I'm done being that idiot. No more of that. Tonight, can we just start over?"

"Finn, how am I supposed to know that you wouldn't hurt me again?"

"Rach, I had been running forever, but I'm done now. You brought me back with your eyes, your smile, and your voice. Every little bit of you made me realize what I've been missing all along. I know I've screwed up, but it's all over now Rach."

She smiled timidly at the giant in front of her. "You really mean that?"

"Baby, it's been you all along."

Just then, Figgins voice boomed over the speakers in the gym. "Will all the candidates for King and Queen please gather on stage."

Rachel looked at Finn and gave him a slight push. "That's you, you better go."

Finn pouted. "I haven't got your reply yet and I'm not leaving until I get it. Would you or would you not take me back? Think carefully because there's only one correct answer."

Rachel giggled and said, "Alright alright alright. Now go!"

He grinned at the tiny brunette's and leaned in. "I'm forever yours?"

She laughed at his cheesy line and decided to play along. She gave him a peck on his cheek. "Faithfully."

"The votes are in. This is the moment you all have been waiting for where we announce your Prom King and also your Prom Queen. Roll the drum please. This year's senior prom King is Finn Hudson."

Finn turned and saw Rachel cheering for him. He winked at her as he stepped up to receive the crown.

"And now, for your 2011 senior prom queen, with an overwhelming amount of votes is, Quinn Fabray."

Quinn smiled proudly and stepped forward. "First of all, I really like to thank all of you who have voted for me. I couldn't have been more surprised. To show my appreciation, I've prepared a little something for all of you. Finnegans, this is for you." She nodded towards Puck who had been standing by Lauren. Puck gave her the go ahead, and Lauren clicked a button.

A screen behind them lit up and a slideshow of the couple's pictures started playing before their eyes.

"Finny dear, this is to show how much I appreciate and love you for the past two years." Quinn pulled Finn to stand a little closer to the edge of the stage and held his hand. "Thank you for always being the man in my life to guide me through everything. I know you had a little thing going on with Rachel, but that's over now. When you asked me to prom, I knew that you were done playing with her. Isn't that right Finny?"

"Puck! Stop this right now!" He eyed his best friend sternly and Puck obliged.

"Quinn! What are you talking about?" He shouted at the blonde.

"Aw come on Finny. Going out with Rachel was a dare Puck and I made up. Now that prom is over, you can admit that everything was a total lie." Quinn said into the microphone.

Rachel felt the color of her face start to drain as her heart fell and hit a ton of bricks. She saw Finn looking at her and walked slowly towards him, in fear of what he might say.

"Finn," She said. "Is this all true? Did you ask me out just because Puck and Quinn made you?"

"Look Rach, I can explain." He started walking towards her. She felt every ounce or energy start to evaporate out of his body upon hearing his confession.

Quinn cut him off and said, "Aw come on honey. Who do you think you are? Finn's the most popular guy in school. If we didn't give him a little push, do you think you would even stand a chance? I mean, seriously."

"Quinn!" Finn's voiced boomed across the gym.

Rachel looked into his eyes. "So it's true then? Everything was a lie? Whatever you said to me before, it was part of your plan then?"

"Look Rachel, everything I did before was..."

"So you just used me like I was some toy from your little game?" She said angrily.

Kurt ran up on stage. He had to do something to fix this. "Look Rach, Finn didn't mean to hurt you, he didn't know what..."

"Kurt, you knew about this and you didn't tell me?" Rachel could feel the tears well up in her eyes as she questioned her best friend. Just when she thought she had found hope and love, the two boys closest to her heart broke her.

"Rachel..." Kurt and Finn said together.

Rachel tried to control the emotions in her, but knew that if she didn't leave soon, she would collapse at any second. She looked into their eyes and asked softly, barely in a whisper. "Who are you people?"

Then, she made a run for it.