Chapter 20: Potential Break-Up Song

Rachel heard her doorbell ring and she rushed down the stairs. When she opened the door, she was met with a pair of eyes that she had not expected to see.

Finn sat on her bed the minute he arrived. Seeing the look on his face, she knew that something big had happened.

"Is something wrong?" She reached over and placed her arm across his shoulder. She was not used to seeing him so vulnerable. He took her hand off of him and stared at her. He had a long day, and he wished that he could rewind everything. But he had a reason for doing this, even though he knew that she would be hurt. He sighed and said, "I think there's something that you should know."

"You know you can tell me anything."

Puck threw his phone on his bed. He hadn't heard from Quinn the entire day and was worried. He thought back about his earlier conversation with Finn and groaned. Hopefully, what he did was not too late. Breaking up with Quinn was the only logical solution to stop her from carrying out her plan of destruction and he wanted Quinn to know that he would be by her side if anything happened to her. Finn had better let her down easy. Even though Finn was his boy, there was no way he would allow his best friend to hurt the girl he loved.

Finn got home and threw himself on his bed. He thought back about the girl he was with after school. How he hurt her. He didn't mean to delete her from his life; she played a huge part in so many aspects. But he knew it was the best solution to end the mess that he created. He sighed and started punching his pillow. He hated himself right now, but there was nothing he could do to make it all better. Then, his phone started to vibrate. Desperate for someone to confide in, he picked up without checking who the caller was.

"Finn"

He sighed. It had not been whom he hoped for. "What is it?"

"This is not over between us. I'm not going to accept what told me. You're making a huge mistake, and admit it, you know that you are."

"Quinn, what is it that you don't understand, I've told you it's over between us. You need to accept that."

"NO! You are not about to break this relationship. We've worked way too hard to become the most popular couple in school and I'm not about to let you throw it away. Tell me, this is because of her isn't it?"

"Don't bring Rachel into this. It had nothing to do with her. Don't you see that we were just settling for what we felt was comfortable? That's not how a relationship works. You knew that this was going to happen in spite of Rachel. She was merely a wake up call for me, for us. That we're just clinging onto something that doesn't exist anymore."

"No Finn, you're not thinking straight and I'm willing to let that slide. Just apologize to me, and I'll pretend that none of this took place." Quinn persisted. There was no way she was going to let him go this easily. Not after the time she had spent with him over the past two years. He was hers and she was willing to fight for him.

"Quinn, please. Don't make it any harder than it is for me. We did share something special. But you need to understand that what I did was for the good of us. I'm sorry, but I'm never getting back with you."

"You're wrong Finn. We did share something special, and we still do."

"Stop trying to convince yourself Quinn, it's not going to work. I was pretending with you before, but I'm not anymore. This is wrong, you messed me up Quinn. Can't you see how screwed up I am about this? Maybe we could work things out in the future, but not now. I'm officially breaking up with you."

Then he hung up and buried his face into his pillow.

I'm officially breaking up with you. His words were on a constant replay in her mind. She felt her face burning with rage as she screamed. Rachel Berry was not going to win. She was the popular one and there was no way she was going to let some tiny brunette steal her man away. Quinn searched for her phone only to find 15 missed calls from Puck and 5 messages from him. All of which said,

"WHERE ARE YOU?"

"WHY AREN'T YOU PICKING UP MY CALLS?"

"QUINN, ARE YOU OKAY?"

"QUINN, PLEASE, TELL ME THAT YOU'RE OKAY."

"CALL ME!"

Quinn called Puck after immediately. She needed a friend by her side, and right now, Puck was all she got.

Rachel closed the door behind her and she flopped on her bed. Her thoughts were filled with him, and no matter how hard she willed herself to stop thinking, she couldn't. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. You've been strong for too long Berry, just let it out. Nobody's around now, it's okay to cry.

Then, Rachel Berry let her tears fall down her face as she thought about her afternoon.

"I hope that you'd still be happy though, even though I can't be with you anymore."

She had to accept that Finn Hudson was no longer hers.