Chapter 15: Let's Start From Here

I see you on the street and you walk on by

You make me wanna hang my head down and cry

If you gave me half a chance you'd see

My desire burning inside of me

But you choose to look the other way

I've had to work much harder than this

For something I want. Don't try to resist me

By then, Finn had already attracted almost the entire student body. Everyone stopped walking to watch the most popular boy sing in public for the first time ever.

Open you heart to me, baby

I hold the lock and you hold the key

Open your heart to me, darlin'

I'll give you love if you, you turn the key

Quinn who had been nearby tried to take everything in as her boyfriend was just a few steps away, serenading to the tiny brunette. She watched with envy as Finn started to take Rachel's hand and twirled her around in the hallway.

I think that you're afraid to look in my eyes

You look a little sad girl, I wonder why

I follow you around but you can't see

You're too wrapped up in yourself to notice

So you choose to look the other way

Well, I've got something to say

Don't try to run, I can keep up with you

Nothing can stop me from trying, you've got to

Open you heart to me, baby

I hold the lock and you hold the key

Open your heart to me, darlin'

I'll give you love if you, you hold the key

Finn saw that the girl was smiling and he beamed with confidence that she was enjoying herself. His smile grew wider as he belted out the last few lines from the song.

Open your heart with the key

Open your heart, I'll make you love me

It's not that hard, if you just turn the key

Puck let out a wolf whistle for his boy while Kurt and Mercedes applauded along with the rest of the crowd after Finn finished his song. Rachel grew red from the unwanted attention and pulled Finn into the nearest classroom she could find.

"Finn, what was that all about?" She asked, closing the door behind her.

He panicked at her question. Didn't she like the song? Oh crap, it must have been the way I sounded. Perhaps I should have just sung Can't Fight this Feeling since she did say that I was good in that song. "Didn't you like it?" He questioned her.

"No Finn, it was lovely. Your song was lovely. It's one of the most romantic things anyone has done for me. But I just don't see how this is going to work out."

He sighed. He was sick of Rachel pushing him away, "Look, I know that whatever happened last night meant something to you because it meant something to me too. And I'm basically standing here, begging for you and suddenly you're not interested."

"It's more complicated than that." She protested.

"Oh yeah? Then explain to me what's making you so confused, because you're not making this any easier on me."

"Because I'm fine alone. I thought you understood that when you said you were down with the whole strong woman thing. Being in a relationship's only going to distract me and I've got a goal to keep to. I'm not going to let anyone or anything keep me from my dream."

"You want to be a Broadway singer living in New York don't you?" Finn knew this for a fact from the way Rachel sung in glee club performances.

"Yes."

"And being an artist is about expressing your true feelings in the moment no matter what the consequences. What were you feeling in that moment when I was singing to you?"

Rachel looked into his eyes and she realized that she was done lying to herself.

While waiting for her response, Finn stared at her. When she didn't reply him, he continued. "You said that you believed in me, that I was more than what the school defines me to be. So believe me when I say this, you're worth it Rach. And I'll do anything to make you happy."

He cupped her face with both his hands and pulled her closer towards him. He whispered, "You're scared Rach, but that's ok. So am I. We're in this together." Then, letting his emotions get the better of him, he placed his lips softly against hers.

As his lips touched hers, Rachel could feel all her anxieties slowly melting away with each passing second. All the worries and confusion tossed aside, now overtaken by butterflies in her stomach as she sunk further into his embrace, taking in every bit of him as she could get.

When they finally tore apart from each other, Finn looked at the girl and asked, "So, I take that as a yes? That you're willing to take a chance on me?" He wanted to hear it from her before he jumped to any conclusions.

Rachel took a deep breath and answered, "Yes, Finn Hudson, that's a yes."

He beamed at her answer, revealing the dimples on his face. The last time he remembered being this happy was when his mom turned to him at the altar of her wedding, saying that she was so proud of him watching him grow into a man and a brother for Kurt. He bend down and reached to her for an embrace.

As she wrapped her arms around him, he felt himself tightening his grip around her. Suddenly, everything was a blurred mess. In his head, he was exhilarated that there was finally some progress made in his plan. And yet, his heart was soaring with pride because now, he got to call this girl his. Rachel Berry, this amazingly kind-hearted Broadway diva. The beautiful brunette, who believed so much in him, finally belonged to him.