Chapter 6: R-E-S-P-E-C-T

"So I think that's the last of it." Finn spoke up as soon as he placed the last batch of DVDs he had been carrying on the carpet beside the television.

"Thanks for helping me Finn. You didn't have to, but you did. So thanks anyway." Rachel replied with a smile on her face.

"That's alright. It's no trouble. Not like I had any thing else to do anyway." Except to start thinking of how I can get you to be my "girlfriend", he thought to himself.

"Would you like something to drink? I think we still have some juice left." Finn started to head towards the kitchen with Rachel following close behind. He opened the refrigerator and looked at what else was left.

"Sure, I could use a beverage."

"Excuse me?" Seriously, does she ever not use any terms that were difficult to understand? He probably had to have a mini dictionary with him all the time if he was going to keep up with her.

Rachel laughed at Finn's confusion. "Yes I'd like a drink please, thank you," said as she sat down on one of the dining chairs. She was amused at the number things Finn didn't understand. He made it seem ok that it wasn't necessary to know everything, which made her even more confused about Kurt's resentment about him being a big shot.

"So, Miss Rachel Berry. You're obviously into me. How would you like to go out on a date with me?" Finn asked with a smirk on his face as he placed a glass in front of her.

Rachel nearly fell over her chair. "EXCUSE ME?" What gave him the idea that she was interested in him? Maybe she had judged him too quickly. Perhaps, she should have listened to Kurt before.

"Come on Berry. Who are you trying to play? All the smiles and the laughs. I know girls. It's so obvious that you're into me."

"Well, I'm extremely sorry if me making a decent conversation with you is leading you on. But if that's how you think girls choose to express their feelings, then I think I should let you know that not all girls are like that. Or at least, I'm not!" She rarely raised her voice at people she hardly knew, but oh the nerve of him. How could he jump to the conclusion that she had feelings for him?

"Oh sh … you mean, you weren't …"

"Humor me Finn. If I were to say 'Oh god, yes Finn, yes! I'd like to go out with you. You're so dreamy. It's so amazing that you're even asking me!' Let me ask you, what about Quinn Fabray? Aren't you two the 'it' couple that everyone at McKinley talks about?"

"Quinn?"

"Yes, Quinn Fabray. The head cheerleader of the Cheerios at school."

"I, uh, we broke up." Finn had not thought this through. Everyone at school knew that Quinn and Finn was an item since freshman year. Perhaps he should have thought about the details before asking Rachel out.

"How convenient. You broke up with her just so that you could ask me out?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure."

"Please Finn. Have the decency to stop talking before I loose any more respect I have left for you. Not every girl would throw herself at you and let you dump them the minute you stop having any feelings."

"Rachel! Finn! I'm home!" Kurt walked towards the living room only to find it empty. He placed the spare toothbrush on the coffee table before heading towards the kitchen where he could hear a faint argument.

"Listen, I know that it was wrong for me to..."

"You know Finn, I really do feel sorry for you. You think every girl would give an arm just for any of you footballers to look their way. Trust me when I say this. Not every girl is that stupid to believe that she is the luckiest person in the world if you would ever give her the time of day. There is still a percentage of us who believes in getting to know someone better before anything can happen."

"Look, I get that. And I'm sorry if I..."

"Uh guys? What's going on in here?" Kurt was confused with what he overheard. Why was Finn apologizing? And did Rachel Berry just diss his stepbrother? What had happen in the last 20 minutes for her to be talking to him like that?

"I was just..."

"Leaving. Finn was just leaving." Rachel replied coolly before Finn had the chance to explain anything.

"Rach come on, I said I was sorry." He didn't understand what caused her to be so fired up. Sure, he had made a mistake in saying something that he shouldn't have. But couldn't she just laugh it off like how she did with every other comment he made earlier that night? Her anger was not doing well on his plan to carry out his intention.

"Well the next time, think before you speak. Not everyone worships you footballers." With that, Rachel stood up and walked away.

"What was that about?" Kurt still had no idea what made Rachel so offended.

"It's nothing. Just a misunderstanding. Hey listen, I'll be in my room if you need me. And remember what Mum said. Decent noise level." Before Kurt could comment on anything, Finn had left the kitchen for his room. Seeing as how his plan in asking her out backfired, he had to come up with new strategies before he could slip up again. Perhaps Puck could help him out since he was always good with the ladies.

Kurt stood in the kitchen and shrugged his shoulders. Finn was probably being his usual self. Seriously, when is going to realize that being the big shot football captain just isn't going to work with everyone? He grabbed a big of vegan chips from the storage cabinet above him and headed for the living room. He knew that with Rachel's temper, she wasn't going to forget about the incident that just took place so she definitely needed all the cheering up she could get.

Kurt entered the living room only to find Rachel on the floor rummaging through his collection of DVDs.

"Hey Kurt, where's Funny Girl?"

"It's under my Barbra Streisand pile."

"Awesome. At least something's finally right." Rachel muttered under her breath. She had a long day at school and was worn out. After her little incident with Finn Hudson had turned into disaster, she definitely needed some cheering up from such a long day.

"Here, let me get that." Kurt offered to pop the disc into the player and started playing the movie. Just as the first scene appeared on the screen, they heard the doorbell ring hinting to them that the final addition to their trio had arrived. Their sleepover had officially begun.