11십일

(editing this book now)

HANA

I was currently writing my essay that was due on Monday, it was currently 6 in the afternoon on a Friday. Unlike some people I do my work once it is assigned so I could finish it efficiently and thoroughly. But I guess I'm doing it also to distract me from reality. From everything that's happened. I don't want to be laying on my bed thinking if everything that's happened was meant to happened.

Hypocritical. I'm doing it right now.

A paragraph and eight sentences in the essay and here I am second guessing everything. I don't know what made me to start over again with Mark. I don't know how I feel, do I feel peace? Do I feel uneasy? My heart is confused.

I put my hand down, placing my hand on my heart. Remembering I did so when I was with Jaebum the day we bumped into Mark.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

If only I could figure out who is making my heart beat this fast. I closed my eyes and focused on the sound.

Thump. Thump. Thu-

"Hana! Your friend is here." My mother knocked on my door, I jumped from her loud voice.

"Araso, eomma." I turned off my lamp and stalked out my room and noticed down the hall stood Mark his hoodie covering his face as he looked down.

"Mark? Are you okay?" I grabbed his hand.

I never told my mother about Mark, she didn't allow me to see boys at that age. But since I'm almost finishing high school she doesn't mind anymore. Thank god I never told her though, if I did, Mark would be brutally murdered right here and then with a kitchen knife.

My mother has standards for my future boyfriend, she wanted him to treat me as if I was the only girl in the world. She always asked me frequently if I had met a boy, I always said no. I would've said yes and let her meet Jaebum...but I guess not anymore.

I pointed to my room and my mother nodded, sending a wink. I scoffed and shook my head, a blush settling on my cheeks.

As we walked into my room I felt Mark wrap his arm around me, I stood still. Unused to this sudden movement. He sighed into my neck, tickling me. I stared at the window in front of us, studying the image that mirrored back to me. I could see the details of us, my blushed cheeks, my messy hair from messing it up during my essay, his closed eyes, and the bruise on his jaw.

I choked and turned around, swiftly taking off his hoodie as he stared at me with sad eyes. I frowned and looked at the purple and red spot on his beautiful face.

"What happened?" I intertwined my hand with his as we walked into my bathroom.

"I went to go apologize to Jaebum but...he didn't accept it." Mark frowned and leaned against the sink. I sighed, I never thought Jaebum would react like this. I know especially that he's not a fighter.

"Just give him some time." I gave a weak smile, Mark nodded.

I grabbed a tiny towel and put it in the sink and let the cold water soak it. I stared at Mark during so, he was staring at the vanilla white wall in front of him. I stared at him and his eyes looked soulless...empty. As if he had no emotions. I felt curious why it always felt like he was a robot next to me.

I placed the light pink towel up to his jaw gently. He placed his hand on top of mine on his jaw as he smiled at me. I turned the sink off and felt him bring his hand around my waist.