9구

HANA

2 months.

It's been 2 months since I last talked to Jaebum. I thought it was best to ignore and throw him away–before he does it to me. But it wasn't. I thought I would be happier. I thought the weights on my shoulder would lift and I could finally run free again.

But it hasn't.

Instead it was the complete opposite. I've started over again. Instead of having positivity, I've become my old self.

"Hana, are you okay?" Su-Min eyed me from across the table. I hummed and nodded.

I haven't told her anything, well except Mark. She understood me when I said me and Mark are on friendly terms, if only Jaebum could too.

"Are you sure? You've been kinda...quiet for awhile now? It's not like you.." She gave me a look filled with concern. I sighed.

"Su-Min...am I annoying?" I looked down at my lap, playing with the hem of my skirt. Su-Min was stunned.

"No! Why would you ever think that? Did someone say that to you?" She gasped, standing up with her hands on the table. I shushed her, pulling her to sit down.

"No one...it's just me personally thinking." I bit my lip. Su-Min wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"What happened with you and Jaebum?" She sighed. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered, not knowing how to reply.

"Hana-ssi, word gets around quickly at school. I've known something was up with you two, just tell me. What happened, dongsaeng?"

"I.." I couldn't finish it. I wanted to forget the memory. Forget everything about Mark and Jaebum. Maybe I would be happier if I never met them.

"I...don't want to talk about it." I whispered, feeling bad that I'm not telling my best friend everything.

"Fine. When you're ready please know that I'm here." She gave me a wholeheartedly smile. I nodded and gave a weak smile back.

"Ah. You should go back home. I don't want your mom to get mad at you." She looked at an antique golden watch on her wrist that Jackson gifted her.

I was starting to re-think about Jackson. Is he the same as Jaebum? He couldn't be, Jackson is obviously in love with Su-Min.

"Yeah, guess so. I'll see you later. Annyeong." I waved at her before walking from the boba place we hung out at today. I stared at the ground, counting the cracks on the floor.

Walking is nice.

It helps me think about things and usually it makes me calm again. Finally. Finally everything was calm again. For just a few minutes in my life I needed it. I needed the clear thoughts without having to worry about something.

Honk. Honk.

I flinched at the sudden sound. Turning around I saw Mark, oh man. I hadn't talked to him either for a month. I should apologize, it wasn't his fault in the first place anyways. Well maybe it was but that's not the issue right now.

"Hana? What are you doing walking alone at 9 at night." He asked, he parked his car close to me. I looked away, not wanting him to see my face.

"I-I was walking back home from hanging out with Su-Min." I replied.

"Ah, I see. Do you want a ride?" He asked quietly.