Part 14 - Now we're getting somewhere

Começar do início

"Sounds nice, I've enjoyed the ones that Mick put together at his restaurant. Let's try it."

Now he was getting somewhere with her, wiping a crumb of bread off her lips, giving her a wink as she smiled back. Stevie was always strong and independent and to see her become almost dependent on him to keep her at ease, well, it became a turn on. He'd always wanted her to be submissive but it always seemed to be the other way around, him being the one that needed her and though it was not a positive reason on why she was acting this way, he would accept it.

"Stevie," he began, "...I want you to know right now that I'm not going anywhere, that I will be there for you whenever you need me, and you're safe here. I would have never left for that ten minutes if I didn't believe with all my heart that you would be okay, that you wouldn't be safe, because you are. No one will ever touch you, harm you, or get close enough because I'm who they'll go through first - and before you laugh because of my injuries, baby, I would ignore every bit of my pain to make sure you wouldn't even break a nail! I love you so much and you are my lady, which I take great pride in, and you are forever protected by me."

His words had her in tears, dabbing her eyes with a napkin while she nodded, feeling like a fool. "I know, Linds, I know you would never let anyone hurt me."

"I wouldn't and I never will."

"I love you," reaching her hand over to place on to his, lacing their fingers together.

"And you know that I do, always have, and always will...love you."

After his little speech, Stevie began to return back to her normal bubbly self, watching her take her first cup of coffee to curl up on the sofa with her journal. Lindsey has seen her do this ritual since they were young, finding her just about anywhere in their household writing, knowing that young woman was still inside her. She was such a force, a catch for him, wanting to woo her forever. He was drawn to this woman for over fifty years and the candle he held for her, not even the strongest of winds could blow out.

"You're so beautiful," spoke Lindsey from the bar stool, having stared at her for far too long. "I want to give you everything, Stevie, everything. I'm going to take you shopping today, that's what we'll do, and you will pick out whatever your heart desires because you deserve it."

Pausing from her writing, she looked up at him over the rim of her glasses. "Shopping?  Lindsey, you hate shopping."

"I don't care, I just want you to be happy and enjoy yourself because we came here for a reason and you must enjoy yourself. It's not as if I can swim or do anything that I'd enjoy, though even if I could do those things, I would still want to put your priorities first."

"I'd like that, very much."

"Okay, go get yourself ready and I will arrange for someone to pick us up. Go on, baby, go," gesturing towards the bedroom as she placed down her journal and glasses, standing up to kiss him as he stood to receive the kiss, touching the side of her neck.

"I appreciate you," looking up in to his eyes, "...and I know that you're trying to get my mind off of my nightmare," squeezing his hand, "...it's very honorable."

"This time with you is important to me and being the man that is in love with you, I want to see you smiling."

With a nod of her head, she gave him another kiss, caressing the side of his face as she then headed for the bedroom to get ready for their day.

...An hour later, after Lindsey was already ready hours ago, Stevie stepped out in to the Living area with another sundress; it was red with yellow flowers. He grinned, loving her attire for this trip, seeing that Boho style bursting before his eyes. Forever his little gypsy. "Well, if that sure wasn't worth an hour for!" greeting her as she adjusted the white shawl around her shoulders. "You look amazing, Steph," fixing the crescent moon around her neck then kissing her. His affection was oozing from his bones but what woman didn't like being flattered?