"You wanted to stay with him, didn't you? You just couldn't fight for it."

Then [f/n] saw the tragedy of how she and Kaneki escaped to the upper City. How she had no choice but to release her kagune in order to eliminate the abundant amount of MP soldiers before her and the white haired ghoul. Too much that the likes of them escaping were too thin. She only did what she had too, but she still ended up being captured.

Ai sighed. "Kaneki tried to save you, but he couldn't. It was your fault. You were too weak."

"Why are you telling me all of this, Ai?"

"I want you to realize that you need to stop letting the world push you around." She said. "Someone once told me that all of the disadvantage in this world stems from one individual's lack of ability."

It sounded familiar in her ears.

"You didn't just cause inconvenience to yourself, but also to the others around you." She said. "You didn't stay for Levi's sake. He was left all alone, just like he always has been every other moment in his life."

Her eyes began to tear up, and the guilt kept rising into her chest.

"You betrayed your friend Touka, and she was caught in exchange for your place in prison. She was later executed. It was all because of you."

[f/n] then saw a memory of a girl with short dark hair, someone she got close to dueing her time in prison. They were the two ghouls that the government could attain at that moment, the others being far from their grasp. The existence of ghouls was infact something that the king did not want to reveal to the citizens.

"You promised her you'd break out together, but you didn't."

Her eyes widened in horror at the sight of Touka's cruel and possibly unfair death. It was terrible, and Ai made the girl witness every single bit of it. It made her want to throw up.

"Then you were defeated by the blond girl from the Military Police, got taken into the Survey Corps, even though you didn't want it at first." She went on. "Your squad comrades died on that day when you went out into the expedition. It was all your fault, [f/n], when will you see that?"

[f/n] couldn't bare watch at this point. She yelled at her sister to stop it. She didn't want to see any of it.

"You just don't want to admit that you caused all of it." She said harshly. "You don't want to tell yourself that you made them suffer."

"And now. . ."

Before them was displayed a vision of the present time. She saw all of her friends fighting against the ghouls, and all for her sake. She realized that they were losing terribly after Ayato had engaged in battle.

"I have to save them, Ai!" She shrieked, and began to shake her body wildly, hoping she could somehow get the chains to break apart.

"It's useless, you idiot. Even if you can get to them, you'll only cause more trouble. You can't fight for what you belive in. You never could."

She tried to digest her words. It was all true, she thought. She was only a nuisance to everyone around her. To the villagers that she stole from; to the Survey Corps, and her comrades; to Ai and Kaneki; and oh lord-- Levi. At this rate she was going to leave him all over again, wasn't she?

"Stop playing dumb, [f/n]. You could be strong if you wanted to." Ai commented. This was when [f/n] knew well and clear that it was about time she made her choice.

She thought, and thought, and thought. Until, eventually, something came up to her mind: something she should have had an answer to.

"How did I lose all of my memories?" She asked. Ai didn't say a thing to answer the question.

[f/n] closed her eyes, and tried to remember. She had to.

Her eyes snapped open, "It was you. But why?" She glared at her sister.

Ai sneered at the helpless girl. "You didn't deserve to know. You couldn't even do anything about it."

"I didn't even know of who or what I was!" She yelled. Furious, she was. Filled with anger and disbelief, she pulled herself off the chair, and the chains broke this time. Ai widened her eyes, denying what she had seen.

"You've hid the truth away from me all along!" [f/n] grasped her by her shoulders. "You lied to me. You took my memories away from me, and left me. . . To be all by myself."

"You never believed in me." [f/n] whispered brokenheartedly.

===

a/n

please take a look at my levi x reader au if you haven't, because that's what im more focused on atm

[[EDIT ^ the au was unpublished if youve seen earlier notes. instead i put up a bsd chuuya x reader thing that you might want to take a quick look at. just a thought.]

im only updating this one when i feel like it

thanks for reading btw :*

- val.