Chapter 18

I wake up to the sound of birds and a blinding light. I open my eyes and see that I'm still outside. Did we really stay out here all night? I look down and see that Riley is nowhere to be seen. I get up and go inside to look for her. I hear sounds coming from the kitchen so I walk in. I see Riley is cooking.
"Morning sleepyhead." she said with a smile. I walk over to see what she is making. She has made pancakes, bacon,and eggs.
"Smells good." I say eyeing the food.
"Hold your horses. It's almost done. Go get the plates." she said laughing. I look in the cabinets and find the plates and hand them to her. I was so hungry. She hands me the plates and we go to the table.
" I can't believe that we stayed outside all night." she says as we sit down.
"I know right. I guess we just got too tired." I say as I start eating the food.
"This is really good." I tell her with my mouth full. She laughs.
"So what do you want today?" she asks. I really didn't know since I moved here at the beginning of the year.
"I don't really know. The mall, I guess." I say not knowing any other place to go.
"Cool. We can go after this." She says and I look at the clock. It is already 12, wow we slept late.

I finish my food and push my dishes away.
"Where's the bathroom?" I ask with my clothes in hand.
"Upstairs. I have one in my room." she says walking back into the kitchen. I walk up stairs and hop in the shower. While I was in there I was thinking about last night. Why did she kiss me and then leave? Does she she even like me...the way I like her? My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Harm, hurry up we leave in 5." she tells me through the door.
"Ok." I say turning off the water. I get out and get dressed. I'm wearing black skinny jeans with holes in the knees, a galaxy tank top, and converse. I fix my hair and go downstairs. I see Riley on the couch all dressed. She is wearing black shorts, a white crop top with the word: smile on it, those long knee high stocking socks with the same converse as me.
"Ready to go?" she says and I stop staring.
"Yeah." I say as we walk out the door.