Chapter 24

I spend the rest of the week avoiding Riley. I kinda hard since we have a lot of classes together. When I say avoid I mean avoid. No texting, no sitting together, not even looking at. I have been eating lunch in the orchestra room while playing the violin. I calms me down. Today was Friday and the dreaded prom. I hear the final bell and grab my stuff and head for the bus. On the way home all I could hear were girls talking about their dresses and gossiping about who will be prom king and queen. I put my headphones in to drown it out. I finally get home and run upstairs. I get bored and start to think of Riley. I get up and go over to my closet and see the dress she bought me. I try it on. I look in the mirror. I love it so much.

"Harm!" I hear my mom yell.
"What?!" I ask,but get no answer.
"Mom what do you want?" I open my door and still get no answer. I go downstairs in the forgetting I had the dress on.
"Mom what do you..." I stop and see Riley standing in the living room with a rolled up piece of paper and a corsage.
"Riley?" I say a little taken back at how beautiful she was in her dress. I was black and stopped at the knee. She also had converse on, just like a typical Riley.