Sending a message

I approached the guards at the front of the mansion, and they question me immediately.

I guess that's what you do when a woman in armour and a cowl with multiple gadgets walks up to the front of the mansion of the CEO of the most powerful company on earth.

I took out my smoke pellets and watched as they rested their hands on their guns. I quickly raised my arm above my head and threw the pellets to the ground before they could react. Within a second a cloud of smoke filled the area in front of the door.

I punched the guard on the left, smashing his head against the wall behind him and then kicked the knee of the guard on the right. His right leg collapsed, and I proceeded to punch him in the side of the head multiple times before he fell over.

I'm getting better at beating people up. I thought to myself and tried opening the front door. It was locked. I pulled out a shuriken and tried putting it between the two doors, but it didn't fit. Instead, I pulled out my grappling hook and backed up a few steps.

As the smoke cleared, I aimed at the door handle and fired the hook. It latched to the door and soon began pulling. I used all of my strength and even planted my feet on the concrete steps to try and get the hook to pry the door open. To my surprise, it worked.

The door flew open and the hook pulled itself out and returned to the base of the gun. I walked in cautiously, knowing that I had caused quite a bit of noise. The echoing sound of hurried footsteps approached and I quickly hid behind a three foot wide pillar, hoping I wouldn't be spotted.

Luck was on my side, as the guard passed by and exited the mansion to check on his comrades. I quickly made my way to the closest stairway and made my way up, while making sure no one saw me. I reached the next floor and approached the first door. I opened it and entered the room, but it wasn't the room I was looking for.

The room I was in was full of guards.

I closed the door behind me and grabbed another smoke pellet as well as the grapple gun. I threw the pellet at the middle of the room and shot the grappling hook at the ceiling above them. It pulled me toward the location the hook was shot, and as I was pulled, I stuck my knees out and hit one of the guards in the head.

As I reached the place where the hook was, I used my legs to make myself fall faster onto another guard. My knees smashed into his shoulders and sent him crashing to the ground, with me on top of him. I did a roll and found myself on the opposite side of the room.

I took out a shuriken and threw it at the closest guard before running toward the next one. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the shuriken lodged itself in the guard's neck.

I punched the guard I was running toward in the face and then kicked him between the legs. He fell over and when I turned to face the other guards, I was punched in the face.

I hit the ground hard and heard a loud ringing in my ears. I rolled onto my back and grow to get up, but instead the guard picked me up. He lifted me above his head, an it was just then that I realized his size. He was incredibly muscular and had to be at least six foot eight, but I couldn't tell with the angle I was at.

I needed to use his fears, or I was sure that I was going to die. I figured I only had a few seconds, so I struggled as I put my hands on his head.

His fears leaked into my mind and I used the easiest one to make. Someone using his own drug, or taking it away, and beating him in a fight. It didn't know what that meant until I realized something.

The thing on his back wasn't a bag, it was a machine. There were tubes pumping green liquid into him. I reached for a tube, and that's when he threw me across the room. As I flew, I held onto the tube as tight as I could. I hit the wall with tremendous force, and fell to the ground.