A Surprise

I walked into the next room and saw three people. An old man, with light grey hair and a bushy mustache wearing dark blue jeans, a GCPD sweater, and a khaki jacket, though I didn't see a badge. There was also a tall, slim, Asian girl wearing an off shoulder top with skinny jeans and high tops.

The third person was Expel, laying on the couch.

"She okay?" I asked them, and they nodded. She was sleeping. "Good. We need her."

"For what?" The asian girl asked me, and I took a deep breath.

"The...Rebellion is no more." Dae said, and sat down next to Expel. It was just now that I realized that Dae had a heavy Australian accent. "Newbie, here, is going to try and rebuild one." She pointed toward me.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed, and when I took it out, I saw that it was a text message from my boyfriend. A smile formed on my face as I unlocked my phone.

"What're you so happy about?" Dae asked me jokingly, and walked up to me to look at the screen on my phone. "Ooh, a boyfriend. What'd he say?" I told her that my phone was old and needed time to load the messages. "Beth, get over here."

"Dae, it's her business." Bethany responded, and once my screen finally loaded, and I read the fucking text, my face dropped.

"You're her best friend, right?" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bethany nod, but everything around my phone screen went blurry from my tears soon after. "Well, it's gonna be your problem soon. Look at this."

Hey Beautiful,
I know it's been a long time since we've seen each other, and we usually talk on the phone or Skype, and I really enjoy doing that, but it's too...technologically demanding. Before I say anything else, I want you to know that I love you very much. You are the absolute love of my fucking life and I hate it that we don't see each other often. It's been almost three years since we've seen each other face to face. It's killing me not seeing you. We used to always be together, all of the places we went, the things we did, we were perfect, but ever since your parents have been getting those jobs, and then the permanent move to Gotham, it's tearing me apart. I just can't handle this long distance thing, so I decided to do something about it. I don't recommend using texting or Skyping for a while.

I wiped some tears away, and walked out of the house. Dae and Bethany followed me and asked what was wrong.

"I need to go home." I said, and wiped my tears. Dae asked where I lived and wrapped her arms around me from behind. I felt really awkward, but pointed toward a mansion and said the address. Within a second, I was on my front door step. "What the fuck!? What just happened?"

"We flew over here slightly faster than light." She explained nonchalantly. I walked into my house and straight to my bedroom. I laid down on my bed and sobbed into my pillow.

"Miss Brea, is everything alright?" The butler asked me, and I said yes. "Believe me, Master Brea, I've seen my share of sad stories and emotional cover ups, and I know exactly how to solve them. My job description lists not only that I am a butler, but a care taker. Anything in your mind, or anything happen to you, come to me."

"Okay." I said blankly. He walked out the door when a doorbell rang at the front of the house.

"I believe I should attended to that." I didn't respond. His footsteps faded away, and within a minute, I faintly heard the voice of someone I didn't want to see, but I was also excited to see that person at the same time. I jumped up off of my bed and ran toward the front door.