The mission

Before I left, I grabbed a pistol and some ammunition.

As I followed Expel out of the room, she kept walking faster, trying to avoid conversing with me. I understood and didn't say anything as we left the base. I followed her into her car, and silently twiddled my thumbs and played on my phone until we arrived at our destination.

We were about a block away from the new Maeda Industries tower. Maeda Industries was known worldwide as the only proper rival to WayneTech and Wayne Enterprises. They often battled it out over the newest security systems and weapons technology. WayneTech had non-lethal weaponry, and Maeda Industries had both non-lethal and lethal weaponry.

"Phone away. Now." Expel said angrily, and I hurried to put my phone in my pocket. "I'm going to get to the top of the building by grappling up. You're going to go through the building and make your way to the security room and look at the footage. If Nitrous and Glympse have a talk for over a minute before she kills him, then we're exposed, if not, then we're safe."

I nodded and got out the car, and walked toward the front of the building. Before I went through the door, I saw that Expel was already on the roof of the apartment building across from the Maeda Industries Tower. I entered the building and approached the receptionist. She was about medium height with blonde hair that was tied up in a pony tail.

"Hello, my name is Stephanie and welcome to the Maeda Industries tower, how may I help you?" She asked in a sweet and cutesy voice. I couldn't help but smile at her smile.

"Uh...Hi, I have an appointment with Miss Maeda." I told her, and she looked at a computer in front of her. She asked for my name, and I immediately regretted saying that I had an appointment. I looked into her mind, and found one of her minor fears; making a mistake. "My name is Brea Tulsom." I told her, and she said that I wasn't on the list.

I looked around and leaned in closer to her.

"I'm a very dangerous person, and I don't want to hurt you Stephanie, so if you could just let me in, that would be delightful." I told her and she looked at the list one more time, only to deny me once more. I pulled out my pistol and aimed it at her, while also making sure no one else was looking. "Listen, I really don't want to hurt you, Stephanie. All you have to do is let me further into the building."

She nodded quickly and looked at the list. "Oh, I'm sorry. It looks like you are on the list. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, ma'am." She printed and laminated a card the had my name on it and gave it to me. I thanked her and wished her a good day as I walked passed the entry gates, which made me scan my card.

I walked through the gates and looked around the main lobby. It was filled with people, and they all seemed to be happy, enjoying themselves while doing their jobs. I wasn't sure if they were plastering on smiles, or genuinely happy, but it was amazing.

The lobby wasn't what I was expecting. It was more like a mall, than a place of business.

I snapped out of my amazement and walked toward the elevator at the opposite end of the lobby. The doors opened to reveal four business men and a business woman standing inside. All of the men left but the woman stayed. I got into the elevator and examined the buttons.

I clicked the button that was the second highest, and when I looked at the lady, she gave me a strange look.

"You must be pretty important if you're going all the way up there." She told me, and I shrugged. She shook her head and scoffed in disbelief.

"I'm from out of the country, and I'm afraid that's all I can reveal." Shockingly, that was the truth. She nodded, and I took the opportunity to ask when I saw it. "Just out of curiosity, do you know where the security room is located?"