Accidents Happen

A tall and thin man with a black buzz cut approached me and Expel and put his hand on her shoulder. "We've got someone you need to lock up in an isolation cell. We need to interrogate her later," Expel told the man and he nodded. He looked at me and put his arms out. I put Monika in his arms, and he took a step back before disappearing.

"What the fuck!?" I exclaimed and looked at Expel, who was still in pain. "What the hell is going on here?" I took a step farther into the base and examined everything and everyone inside. On the left side of the building, there were people sparring with each other in a room with padded floors, beside it was a shooting range, and beside the range was a work out room.

Opposite of the other rooms, in the right side of the building, was a library, and a research and science lab.

At the end in the middle of the building, there was a door that led to a room that I couldn't see into. I was gaping in awe. This place...this Rebellion...these people were amazing. Some people were running by in blurs, some were lifting things telekinetically, and even flying. The building was in a gangland, but it was a skyscraper, with what seemed like endless floors.

Expel saw me gaping at the facility, and clapped me on the shoulder, which startled me. I looked at her, and was about to ask her a question, when suddenly my phone rang. I pulled my phone and saw the caller id; Prince Charming. I smiled and excused myself as I answered the phone.

"Hello, beautiful," he said in a giddy voice. I responded with a simple "hi" while unable to take the smile off of my face. He sighed, and I sensed a little bit of sadness in his voice when he asked "How's Gotham?" My face dropped at the thought of the distance between our cities. We were so far apart, but still close. We were still in the same continent, and he was only nine hundred miles away, but that fact still made me sad.

"It-it's good...but I miss you," I told him, and sighed. I looked back at Expel, and she tapped on her wrist as if there was a watch there.

"I miss you more," he said, and I chuckled.

"No way," I said.

"Yes way."

"No way," I replied for the last time, and immediately added "I win."

"Okay. Well I gotta go. Call you later?" He asked, and I said yes. "Okay, goodbye, I wuv you." I laughed in a high pitched manner by accident and responded quickly.

"I wuv you too." He hung up and I put my phone away. I turned around and walked back toward Expel. She had a wide smile on her face, and once I got close enough, she clapped me on the back and put her arm around me.

"'I wuv you,' huh?" She said, and I smiled. I nodded and she chuckled. "That's cute. But you have to make sure that he doesn't know about any of this. Even the simple mention of the existence of the Rebellion will be bad."

I nodded and started walking into the Rebellion, and without paying attention, I walked into someone. I turned toward them quickly, and looked directly into her eyes, which were completely level to mine.

"Expel, who's this?" The girl asked. Her voice was beautiful and soft, but also authoritative. "If she's a recruit, send her to my office in five." The girl walked away, and went through a door I hadn't seen before.

"That's Amber Page. We call her Archangel. As far as we know, she's taken as many lives as she's saved, and that number is in the hundreds. She and I co-founded the Rebellion." Expel explained to me, and clapped me on the back. "You should get to her office. When she says five, she means now."

I nodded and walked toward the door that Amber had just walked through. I entered her office to see her sitting behind a desk, holding a knife. I went to close the door behind me, but it slammed by itself.