Five years have passed...

fivE yEaRs afTer thE eveNtS oF SavIouR of tHe NighT: DesceNt intO MadneSS
This move to Gotham city was horrible, and my parents knew it too. They were convinced that Glympse had been killed, but I had a gut feeling that was telling me that she wasn't. My parents have become immune to my abilities, somehow.

I didn't know how, but they'd somehow gotten used to me, and my abilities.

If you didn't know,(how could you) I have Phobia-Initiated Ability Manifestation, meaning I can turn into your worst fears, I can use the abilities of your worst fears, or I can show you your worst fears, if you fear something like nothingness.

That also means I can learn people's fears by just looking at them.

I took out my phone and looked at the date: March 31st 2024, and I was twenty-two years old, without a car, and still living with my parents.

Fun all day long for me.

The reason I still lived with my parents was because I was homeschooled, and social interaction was bad for me. Reason being was that I have general trouble controlling my abilities, thus everyone around me sees their worst fear.

I've learned to control my abilites to a certain degree, but not very well. Some people end up slipping through my holding back, and they go crazy.

My abilities have never been used for good, and tremendous guilt comes to me whenever I step outside.

It's not fun.

We were only a mile or two away from Gotham, when I decided to sleep.

My dreams came back the moment I closed my eyes.

I was falling, and suddenly hit a concrete floor, and I bounced a foot into the air. I looked to my side and saw a man in a heavily armoured suit, landing on his hands and right knee, but stumbling and falling down immediately.

He stood up and passed me a gun.

"You..." He began. "Or me."

He got down onto his knees and began removing his armour. I checked for ammunition in the gun, and aimed it at my own head.

I knew it was a dream, but I was in immense pain. I pressed the barrel against my temple, and put my finger on the trigger.

"What..." He said. "What are you doing!?" He shouted. "You're supposed to kill me!" His screams could have been heard from the streets below.

I pulled the trigger, and everything went black.

I woke up on a very comfortable couch. I looked around and saw that a television across the room was on. On the television was a show called "Gotham, a brief recent history."

I was confused.

It was talking kindly of Glympse.

"It's hard to believe that it has already been nine years since Glympse defeated the infamous Arkham Knight." A man said, on the show. His pale skin reflected the lighting. He was wearing a beige suit with a white undershirt and blue tie.

"I know, it has been a rough ride since then, and things have definitely changed. We praised her for years, and even gave her special access to all of the city." An African-American woman said, she wore a blue silk shirt, and had bangles around her wrist.

"Yeah, and now she's a bat-shit crazy delusional lunatic with no care for human life." The second the man said that, the screen lit up into many colours, and read "Technical Difficulties." The screen returned to the news stand, but the two people were gone.