XXIX

13:30

Yoongi could feel his heart beating inside his throat. His hands were sweaty and he had tried to fix his hair about 20 times in the last 2 minutes. Slowly but surely the line moved forward.

"One iced americano and one chocolate frappuccino, please."

"Would you like whipped cream with that?"

"Yes, please."

13:45

He was thankful for the cold drinks, they helped to keep his hands cool whilst he made his way to the park. He felt so hot, like he could burst into flames at any second. 15 more minutes.

Shit.

13:55

He could see the small brunette sitting on the grass by the lake. his feet were stretched out in front of him. He was playing with the grass, plucking stand per strand. He looked so cute, wearing a pastel pink shirt, his hair being slightly fluffy. He looked as if he was deep in thought. Yoongi was blown away by his adorableness.

Shit, should I have bought flowers or something?

14:00

Jimin grabbed his phone and unlocked it, looking at the time. He quickly typed something and then propped it back in his pocket. Yoongi could feel his own phone vibrating against his leg.

jimchim: please dont tell me you forgot our date :(

14:05

Yoongi couldn't bring himself to move closer to the boy. He was right there, just a few meters in front of him.

14:10

Every time he wanted to take a step, something stopped him. He couldn't do this, he was too nervous.

14:15

He heard Jimin let out a deep sigh, whilst the boy leaned backwards on his hands. The drinks in Yoongi's hands were losing their coolness, the condense that had gathered on the cup dripping on his hands. The whipped cream was slowly melting, mixing itself with the coffee. Yoongi took a deep breath.

14:20

jimchim: hyung, you have 10 more minutes before i leave

14:25

jimchim: this is your last chance

14:30

Jimin stood up, ready to walk away from the lake. He looked around him, maybe he was just late? Maybe he should wait a little while longer?

15:00

"Jimin?" Jimin's head shot up, was his date finally here? He turned to the source of the voice.

It was Jungkook.

Jimin felt a pang of disappointment. He was sure the stranger wasn't showing up, considering he was an hour late already.

"What are you doing here, hyung?" Jungkook asked whilst he walked up to him and sat next to Jimin. The latter just shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Let's go inside, okay? It's gonna rain soon." the younger looked worried. Jimin just nodded sadly and followed the boy inside, away from the park. He should have known.

On their way inside, Jungkook saw two cups of coffee standing on top of a garbage bin.

"Pfft, some people are so dumb, why would you throw away a perfectly full cup of coffee?" He grinned to himself whilst shaking his head. Jimin only hummed in agreement, not really paying attention to what he was saying. His mind was already occupied with other thoughts.

--

A/N: SIKE AGAIN

(also I wrote a taekook oneshot, so if you're interested, please do check it out! It's called 'Raincoat' and it's really short. I don't really know what it is exactly and I might delete it soon, but yep, feel free to read it. Thank you!)