Chapter 36

Arieth wiped some blood of her lip after being hit by an orc. The orc was now slain along with the rest of the pack, who had endangered Thranduil's life. Arieth looked at Thranduil who was cleaning off some black orc blood from his sword. Then he looked at her. Their eyes met and locked as they walked towards each other. "You saved me", Thranduil said. "How could you know I was in need of help? ". "I was warned", Arieth said. "I am forever in your debt", Thranduil reached for her hand. "If we're ever in a situation where your life is in danger, I'll give mine to protect you and to see you live". Thranduil took her hand and squeezed it hard. "And how are you planning on doing that if we're not going to be together?", Arieth asked while feeling the touch of Thranduil's hand sending love and gratitude throughout her body, embracing her heart. "We are", Thranduil said. "We are going to be together".

"You could have just let me died, you know", Thranduil said and looked into Arieth's eyes. "Then you wouldn't have to marry me". "Don't be silly. Your life is precious to me", Arieth said. "And I know, even if we haven't been arranged to be married, if we met under different circumstances, I know I would have fallen for you. Just as much, just as hard, like I've done now. And I know I'd said yes if you asked me to marry you", Arieth smiled. "Then would you?", Thranduil asked. "Would I what?", Arieth was a little confused. Thranduil got down on one knee, still holding her hand. "Will you marry me?", he asked and smiled. Arieth felt tears of joy welling up in her eyes. "Of course I will!!", she shouted in happiness. "YES!!!". Thranduil stood up and they embraced each other.

Thranduil started laughing. "What's so funny?", Arieth asked. Thranduil looked around. "This has been one crazy journey", he said. "And here we are, in the middle of a battle field, where you've just accepted my hand in marriage", he smiled. "I like crazy", Arieth smiled too. "I don't want an ordinary life". "As long as you're with me, I promise your life will never be boring", Thranduil stroke her cheek. "Then let's not go back", Arieth said. "We must", Thranduil replied. "It's our duty". "I know", Arieth said. "I just hate to see this adventure come to an end". "It's ony the beginning", Thranduil said and kissed her.