Chapter 33

Thranduil felt his heart started racing. "And you knew... You've known it was me since the day we first met. When I told you why I had escaped from home. Why didn't you tell me?", Thranduil looked at Arieth. She was putting on her necklace. She didn't have to keep it a secret anymore. "I wanted to, but then I thought it was a great opportunity to get to know you better, without the pressure from the whole marriage thing forcing us to like each other", Arieth tried to smile. "But you knew", Thranduil narrowed his eyes. "Yes, but I haven't been anybody but myself. I haven't pretended to be anybody than who I am. I was hoping you would like me... Just as much I'd come to like you", Arieth walked towards Thranduil. He backed up, unsure how to handle the situation, how to handle her.

"I...", Thranduil started saying. "Your powers...", he looked questionably at her. "They are just what I've told you; I can sense things from your past, and the present, but I do not know the future. I can see bits and pieces, but they make no sense. I do not understand what is going on", Arieth said. "So you don't know what will happen to us in the future", Thranduil asked. "No, at this point it's up to you", Arieth answered. "I'll leave our faith in your hands. But know this... I like you... Very, very much. These past weeks with you have been the best weeks of my life. I have not played with your heart, forced myself into your dreams or any of the other things you're accusing me for. What you feel, if you feel anything, they are coming from within your being". Arieth was trying to get close to him, but Thranduil kept backing up. "I need time to think", Thranduil said. "Take all the time you need", Arieth said. "I'll be waiting".