Chapter 21

Arieth opened the door to the cottage. Thranduil went inside and looked around. "Wonder who lived here", he said as he noticed the broken furniture. "Yes, me too, I thought only ents lived in Fangorn", Arieth said. "So did I", Thranduil walked into the second room, which was a bedroom. "You can have this room, I can seep on the floor in here", he said as he came back. "Are you sure? Doesn't a prince need a comfortable bed?", she made fun of him. "I don't care where I sleep as long as I get some sleep. Besides, the bed doesn't look that comfy anyway", Thranduil said and pushed her lightly as he passed her. She pushed him back while smiling. "Are you sure you want to mess with me?", Thranduil looked at her and smirked. "Oh, yes, I want to mess with you real bad", she realized what she had just said came out all wrong. "I mean, I'm gonna mess you up real bad", she said and laughed while walking towards him.

Thranduil looked at the playful elleth with a smile on his face. She was so beautiful, and so mysterious. He wanted to know more about her, but getting her to talk seemed rather difficult. He suddenly got an idea. It was kinda bold, and not very gentleman like, but he didn't care. It might get her to talk. As she approched him to "mess him up", he takled her to the ground and sat down on top of her. "What are you doing?", she was surprised by his moves. "I'm gonna make you tell me why you are here", he smirked. Arieth's heart started pounding in her chest. He was so dangerously attractive. And then he started to tickle her. Arieth laughed hard while she tried to stop him. "I'll stop if you tell me", Thranduil said. Arieth laughed some more, trying to take as much of his "torture" as possible until her muscles got too soar from all the laughing. "All right, all right! I promise I'll tell you when the time is right".