Chapter 35

Ambushed by orcs, Thranduil was fighting for his life. He had very little to protect himself with, just his dagger. "I'll slay you all, you filthy orc scum", Thranduil shouted in anger. "We'll like to see you try, elfling", an ugly orc growled towards him. "But you are very outnumbered". Thranduil knew he was right. This time he didn't have his weapons, or his horse. And he was in such deep thoughts when they attacked him, he wasn't mentally prepared to fight. But it didn't take long before the adrenaline pumped through his veins, switching his fighting mode on. He would at least die trying killing off these orc maggots.

Arieth was rushing towards the noise of blades clinging and orcs screaming. Maybe she wasn't too late after all. She was riding on Malhtaug, fully armored with weapons. Thranduil needed help, and she would give her life to protect him.

Thranduil was down on his back, blood thirsty orcs on top of him, fixated on ending his life. He tried to avoid any blade trying to pierce his body, but they were too many, he could not hold them off much longer.

Suddenly one of the orcs collapsed on top of him. Then another one. Thranduil threw the dead bodies off him and got on his feet. He was greeted by a pleasant sight; Arieth was fighting the orcs in the most graceful way he's ever seen an elf fight before. "Here!", she shouted and tossed him a sword. "We might be outnumbered, but the odds are on our side", Thranduil snarled to the ugly orc that had antagonized him at the beginning of the attack. The orc took a step back, knowing his defeat was near. And Thranduil was right; they left none alive.