46// i r i s j e a n

What the hell am I thinking? I can't go anywhere with this guy. What makes him so different from the rest?

A rebound couldn't hurt.

I reach for my phone to call Hailey, but remember that if I turn it on, Gage will illegally track me down like the stalker criminal trash he is and my life will be even more wrecked than it already is.

I decide to leave my phone off and try to get ready for the day.

I can barely muster enough energy to shower and I leave my hair in its wretched state of a trash bun.

I put on light washed high waisted shorts and an NIU sweatshirt before walking carefully down the stairs.

"Kelly, I was looking for you last night!" I speak quietly when I see him sitting on a stool at the counter.

He turns to see me and lightly smiles, "Were you now, doll?"

He holds out and arm and I walk up to him so he can give me a one handed hug.

"Where's Jace?" I ask quietly.

He just shrugs, "I wouldn't have known you were back if Jace hadn't told me. Will you ever tell me what's wrong?"

I sigh, "Probably not," I answer truthfully, snatching a piece of bacon from his plate despite choking up almost anything I eat.

"At least your a little better?" he says almost as if it's a question.

"This is the first time I've showered in a week," I point out.

"At least your eating?" he says in the same tone.

"I spew literally everything," I add.

"Oh my god," he looks as if something clicks in his mind, "You're pregnant!"

"No! God no!" I shout immediately. I'm not. Right?

I got my period last month.

"I'm a virgin!" I lie and Kelly laughs.

"That's funny," he points at me with his utensil before he puts a forkful of whatever into his mouth.

I laugh along. "You're right." It feels good to laugh.

"I'm as clean as Virginia the Virgin,"I say referring to a girl in our old history class who everyone claims will be a virgin her entire life.

"She's fuckin' dirty," he laughs.

"That's so true, unfortunately." I swear that girl never showers.

"What are you doing today?" Kelly asks as I perch myself on top of the counter.

Drinking bleach.

"Nothing, as usual," I shrug. "Actually," I say after a few seconds, "I think I'm gonna go on a walk."

Kelly looks up at me from his phone, clearly confused.

"What?" I airily laugh.

"You're going on a walk?" he says slowly.

"Yes?" I giggle. "In fact," I grab my car keys that have been sitting by the microwave for days, "I'm going right now."

I jump off the counter.

"That looks like a drive," he refers to my keys.

I lazily smile at him and walk to the door. He stops me when he holds up his hand with what appears to be a few hundred dollar bills, "Eat something, get some clothes, you look homeless."