32| c e l l

I've tried to call Gage for days, but he hasn't answered so I gave up. He usually does things like this, but not for this long.

I don't want to admit it, but I'm kind of worried about him. Okay, I am worried about him.

It's almost spring and the quarter has ended which I have failed. I don't go to class anyways. I should just drop out before I get the letter.

I honestly might.

Tonight is Friday night, the night of my first 'mission.' Apparently I'm supposed to be seducing this guy into giving me some password. I haven't payed much attention to instruction because I'd rather kill myself.

My mind has been floating for the past few days. There's just so much to think about.

I was given a dress to wear which is barely existent. It's a sheer red material with lace covering the chest. I slip it on and lace up the nude pigalles before leaving.

Making sure my red lipstick looks good in my rear view mirror, I start my car and follow the directions my phone gives me.

My fingers tap to the cadence of the radio until my phone rings in the passenger seat.

"Hello?" I say when I answer the call from the unknown number.

"Josie," the familiar voice breathes.

"Who is this?" I ask slowly.

"It's Nick." He pauses, "Gage is..."

"He's what, Gage is what?" I ask frantically.

"He's in jail." Nick says lowly.

I stay silent for a few seconds trying to comprehend the words just spoken.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I try to stay calm.

"Um... No."

"Why? Where is he? What happened? Where is he?" I say loudly.

"Josie! Calm down. I'll send you the address and he can tell you the rest himself."

"Where are you calling me from? How'd you get my number?" I ask, my words jumbling together.

"It's my phone and Gage has it written on his- nevermind." Nick stops.

"Just text me the address, alright?." I press the end button and don't hesitate to put the address into my GPS to follow the directions.

I drive recklessly all the way to the prison and my actions are quick as I rush to the front desk.

Thankfully, it's not a real prison, more like a Police Station.

"Is there a Gage P-Pullman here?" I breathe.

"The most recent possession was a few days ago." A few days? "There's a man with tattoos, a lot of tattoos. He wouldn't give me his name and he ha-" The lady speaks.

"That's him. Where is he?" I interrupt her.

"He's under surveillance in the cell." She explains.

"Take me there." I demand.

I feel so weird here in the outfit that I'm in. I guess Gage was right, I do always stand out.

"If he's not bailed out by tomorrow, he'll be transferred to the prison site." She explains as we walk.

I gasp lightly when I see the sight before me. Gage is sitting in the corner of the cell with his closed and one knew up. He looks so beautiful still despite the dirty white colored chipped walls surrounding him.

Blood seeps through his tight white shirt his lip is busted. I notice his inflamed knuckles and my eyebrows turn.

"Has he been like this the whole time?" I keep my eyes him.

"He- he wouldn't eat and-" She starts.

"It's fine, just-" I stop speaking when Gage's eyes peel open and his head turns to me. His eyes momentarily widen and he blinks a few times as if he didn't think I was actually here.

"Gage, what the fuck. Why didn't you tell me you were in here?" I ask angrily.

She woman's Gage shifts between Gage and me. She scurries away when I look at her.

"I- how did you find me?" He asks weakly.

"I didn't find you. I wasn't even fucking looking for you." I say harshly. "Why are you in here?"

"I got in a fight." He sighs and closes his eyes again.

It had to be more than a fight for him to be in here.

"Obviously!" I shout.

"Then why'd you fucking ask?" Gage's voice raises.

I lean back as I absorb his words, "You don't get to be mad at me here. Let me get this straight, you've been in here for three days and I had to hear it from your friend. You didn't tell me. God knows you had at least one phone call and you didn't call me. You know I would've helped you, I always do." I whisper towards the end.

He waits before speaking, "I didn't want you to worry about me, Jo."

"Don't you think I'd worry about you more that you disappeared. If I hadn't came here tonight you'd be in jail."

"What do you mean if you hadn't came here? You can't do anything..." He looks at me intently.

"Yes, I can. I'm gonna get you out of here." I promise him.

"No you're not. Don't worry about me. I won't let you do that. Do you know how much that will be?" He almost yells.

"It doesn't matter, I'm getting you out of here." I raise my voice, "Ugh, I can't fucking believe you." I say as I begin to walk down the hallway.

Gage calls my name as I walk away, but I ignore him.

"How much is the bail?" I ask the lady.

"Thirteen." She says.

Thirteen hundred isn't that bad.

"Thousand." She finishes.