16| r o o f

"You'll find out." He told me.

We're back at my house and he invited himself inside.

"I have a proposition. Let's play a game." I start and Gage groans.

"Let's get drunk." I propose.

"How is that a game?" He furrows his eyebrows and leans further on the counter.

"We get drunk and then ask each other questions."

"That's still not a game." He trails off.

"Do you have any ideas then?" I giggle.

"If you don't want to answer the question, you have to do a dare." He suggests.

"So like, drunk truth or dare. That sounds interesting." I smile.

His hooded eyes follow me as I strut to his side. He grabs me and wraps his arms tightly around me. His head only reaches my chest due to him sitting on the stool.

I freeze before awkwardly putting my arm around his neck. I swipe my finger across his hairline and play with the hairs. I rest my cheek on his head before pushing myself off of him.

"I'll be right back." I tell him and run upstairs to my room. I leave the white cropped halter top on and put on my Adidas joggers before going back downstairs.

"I have like, ten different vodka bottles and beers. You probably don't like wine. You just don't seem like a wine guy, you feel?" I ramble.

He just smirks and watches me while I get the different drinks out of my cabinet.

It was around seven and we decide to start later since it's so early.

I exhale, "So what should we do?"

"I have a few things in mind." He smirks.

"I'd rather shove a blade up my ass." I laugh and throw a hand towel at him.

He catches it, "I was gonna say I could show you somewhere."

"Where?"

"You'll see if you come with me." He smirks.

I roll my eyes and run upstairs to put on a sweatshirt and get my shoes.

When I get back downstairs, Gage is waiting for me and he holds open my front door.

Once we get into his car he drives off.

"Will you tell me now?"

"No."

Ten minutes later I ask, "Will you tell me now?"

"No." He says again.

Many minutes later, he pulls into a gravel road which is rare in Chicago. He gets out jogs to my door before opening it.

I walk out and he pulls me behind him. I listen to the horns of the cars on the streets miles away and the rocks beneath our feet.

We stop at stairs on the side of a building and he motions for me to go up first. They run along the side of the building and creak as I walk up them.

"If you're about to take me up here to kill me or something, just let me know so I can jump off the building before you can."

He chuckes, "I'm not going to kill you. Maybe stab a few times, but not enough to kill."

I glare behind me at him and he only smirks before I continue climbing the steps.

I finally make it up there and we're now on the roof. The view was beautiful, breathtaking.

"How did you find this place?" I breathe out.

He just shrugs, "I come here sometimes. I just thought you'd like it." He looks down and kicks at the ground.

I have no words because the gorgeous sight in front of me takes them away.

I skip to the end of the roof and look over it an how far we our from the ground.

Gage sits on the edge and his legs dangle over the front.

"I do like it. A lot."

Moments later I hand him my phone, "Take a picture of me."

He furrows his eyebrows, "Why?"

"Because I'm pretty, the view is pretty. Why not?" I smirk.

He scrunched up his nose when he holds up the phone in my direction, "There, take your phone." He chucks it to me.

"Aw, I look so good even though you can barely see me." I giggle at the picture.

"Maybe that's why." He remarks.

"So you agree. That I look good." I taunt.

"I didn't say that."

"Basically." I chuckle, "Just look at me!" I wave the phone in front of his face.

He rolls his eyes.

He puts his hand out and I take it before he pulls me to him. I kneel down and I fall onto his lap.

His arms wrap around me and his chin rests on my shoulder.

"You know, we could fall to our death right now." I note.

He just shrugs carelessly.