Chapter 26

(Aphmau's POV)

Falcon has been emotionless for the last three days. I can't believe I fell for him. All those rumors were true.

"Mama!" I smile down at my precious angel. "Bed time Lilith.." I coo as she lays down her head.

"Falcon." I say nodding My head towards him as he comes down the stairs. "Aphmau."

"Why are you acting like this?" I whisper yell at him not wanting to wake Lilith.

He doesn't respond he just takes out a cigarette and lights it. I grab the cigarette. "Maybe I should try this." I wonder our loud but Falcon growls.

"Don't you dare get hooked up on This shit." I smirk at him. "Oh now you speak."

"Don't fucking play with me Aphmau." He scoffs. "And if I do." I say raising my eyebrows and putting the cigarette to my lips.

He throws the cigarette in the ash tray. "You'll get punished." He growls in my ear. "You can't punish me." I scoff. "Watch it sweetheart." Tears slowly creep down my face. I miss him calling me that I just didn't realize it.

"Falcon I don't know if I can do it anymore." I whisper. "Do what?" He asks still emotionless. I pull down his bandana and look him straight in the eyes. "Love."

...

(Aaron's POV)

I have to be more emotionless. Here I am sitting in the guest room crying over Aphmau. I have three more days of Aphmau. Only three more days of life.

I look at the glowing pink orb. The way my life will end is under the full moon.

I kiss Aphmau's head and grab the bottle of vodka to drain my feelings. I wish it wasn't like this.

...

(Aphmau's POV)
I look to up to see Falcon. "Aphmau." He slurs. Great he's drunk.

"Hmm?" I answer sleepily. "Aaron." He whispers. "What Falcon?" He meets my eyes and combs his fingers through my hair.

"Aaron is my name Aph." Memories come flashing back. The old lord of Falcon claw. I was visiting the wolves when I saw a man in the ruins of Falcon Claw.

I was in a flashback with him. His family died because of Zane. Everybody thought he was the crazy man who killed everybody in his village.

"I like that name." I smile softly. "I'm gonna miss you Aph." I furrow my eye brows together to show I'm confused. "Shh now Aph go back to sleep my beautiful girl." With his soothing words I fall asleep in true bliss.

...

I wake up to Lilith's cries but It soon stops. I peak into the room the see Aaron holding her and rocking her. My heart softens. To make it better he's shirtless.

"Aaron?" His head snaps around

"Aaron?" His head snaps around. "How do you know my name?" He snaps. "You were drunk and told me." I say grabbing his hand. "Well I wish I wouldn't have." He pulls his hand out of mine and puts Lilith in her bed.

"All you are is a mistake Aphmau."

And with that he stomps away.

A/N

Dang this book is really almost over! *wipes fake tear away*
I can't wait for the next book tho..

Has anybody read the selection series..?

Highly recommended it^

Welp anyways...

BYEEEEEE

<3 Lauren